WI BIMMERS - Wisconsin's BMW Community

Does anyone give a crap about handling anymore?

B C

Do you care about good handling?  

19 members have voted

1. 1. Do you care about good handling?

• Yes, its my one of my main goals
    • I dont need a racecar but I dont want a Buick either
    • No, corners are scary/boring/not my thing/stance
    • Rob

Question

..because I dont feel like I encounter a proportionate amount of BMW owners that crave good handling. It seems like more are focused primarily on acceleration or styling, which is totally fine since variety and personal customization is what makes being a car enthusiast so awesome, BUT to me, one of the #1 reasons to buy a BMW is for the feel, the handling, and the driving experience.

There are plenty of Audis available for those who dont care about handling :P

Edited by Snap Understeer

If anyone receives hate, its me with my bottlecraps. I get more crap about having stock wheels than I ever imagined. In this day and age of bullying awareness, I am going to call bullying on the next man woman or child that disrespects my stock wheels.

If anyone receives hate, its me with my bottlecraps. I get more crap about having stock wheels than I ever imagined. In this day and age of bullying awareness, I am going to call bullying on the next man woman or child that disrespects my stock wheels.

Bottlecap brothers for life!*

*or until I get 16" wheels for my car.

Yep we just tolerate your Stancerous activities. that video was great haha

Lol, well thank you. It's about to get alot more wild this summer. So be prepared for both of us and our stupid stance setups. I'm not going to let Earls cat outta the bag. Or mine. But it should be a good one.

You guys an your stance-nanigans. But you're both cool guys, so we let it slide. lol.

Aww shucks, Thanks Zach! ;)

I'd totally rock Bottlecraps! But the offset kills it for me..

A 'Little' camber in the rear? BMW puts tons of rear camber stock. The bigger the vehicle, the more camber it seems. The X5's eat rear tires in stock form. They take the handling a little too far....anyone who can't come to realize they are driving a big lumbering SUV deserves to buy tires every summer. On my e39 I have everything maxed out and I still have over a degree of rear camber. I have some thoughts for that though.

When I mod my car I try to do things that won't adversely effect handling.

Lol, well thank you. It's about to get alot more wild this summer. So be prepared for both of us and our stupid stance setups. I'm not going to let Earls cat outta the bag. Or mine. But it should be a good one.

Yeah we are coming out hard and shit. This is my inspiration!!

Posted Image

Posted Image

Look at that stretch!!

Posted Image

bahahahaha I am such a troll:cool:

I would never do that to my car=P

I care about handling. That's why I bought a BMW. I discovered the joys of BMW handling and ride when I was in Germany the past couple of years. I was driving $1000 used E34s and also had a 316i E30. Couldn't believe how well these cars drove and handled considering they were 20 years old or more, and had well over 100K miles on them. Any other cars I'd driven with that many miles and that old felt like the suspension was completely shot.