WI BIMMERS - Wisconsin's BMW Community

4-series

B C

Yeah im not a real fan of that idea and I REALLY wish they would keep the naming consistent with how they had done it historically 330=3 series 3.0L etc. That interior is phenomenal though. I may have to go test drive one of these when they come out.

The earliest point of deviation from naming that I can think of is the 745i which had a turbo M30 (3.4L?) with their reasoning being that the forced induction gave the engine the power/air moving ability of a 4.5L I do think it would be slick if they had their turbo models labeled as "ti" so instead of a 335i it would be a 330ti but then I guess that infringes on the bob-tailed E36 and E46 cars nameplate.

Looks nice IMO, but I agree with many others, giving it a 4 series designations is beyond stupid!

I cant wait for the 9 series to come out in 2015; a 7 series coupe-touring-vert with 3 seats and a 14 speed automatic paddle shift transmission! Now THAT will demand a premium and fill that ever growing niche for just such a car! Beat THAT Audi and Mercedes!

Posted Image