WI BIMMERS - Wisconsin's BMW Community

Wheel refinishing / repair

camarok

So... Old car, lots of miles, soft-ish wheels... I have 2 out of round rims, and I really don't want to buy new / used ones.

I call alloy wheel repair ( Zach should know them by now ) and tell them my sad sad story

I through in there that all 4 need resurfacing / refinishing.

I get a quote for 500-600 bucks. I'm thinking that's actually not a bad deal.

I am in essence a brand new set of style 66 BMW wheels for the price of one.

what do you guys think?

Well I'd like to share that BMW was lovely enough to outfit the e39 chassis with a one of a kind wheel hub center bore. Basically the options I have are oem e39 wheels or e53... and maybe a z car somewhere.... The fact that there are really only 4 good looking styles and that even sourcing out a set of other style wheels that are not reps are quite expensive even still second hand... I know hubcentric rings are an option but idk

http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum/showpost.php?p=13188586&postcount=5

My question was really if that 600 dollar mark was high for the services. I do have a full size spare of the same style 66 wheel.

honestly if I would go to a different wheel, I'd go for M-par reps, or style 32's or 5's... but again, even sourcing them is in the $1000 mark

http://www.bmwtips.com/tipsntricks/wheels/bmwwheels.htm

unfortunately the e39 downfall is that there are only a few wheels that look good on the car.... mainly a dished wheel...

IDK yet. Just gathering info as of now.

Thanks straight6, just looking for options still... buying used wheels that are 10 yrs old soft metal is always a risk. All I can find in other styles are ones that need major cleaning / resurfacing, and finding a sale that isn't sold or too old is hard to come by. Either way. Need something sooner than later.... :(

Edited by camarok