WI BIMMERS - Wisconsin's BMW Community

'66 2000CS Craigslist discount nightmare begins!

Guest TWHansen

Guest TWHansen

Picked this up for an embarrassingly low price off of Craigslist last week.

Missing headlight buckets, front bumper, and keys. Everything else is supposedly there and it was ostensibly a running car two years ago. Headlights were the glassed-in European ones and were scadged for the restoration of a nicer car. I'm hoping I can find a dinged-up set of US-spec buckets on the cheap.

The interior is fried. Totally ruined. Vermin and moisture have taken their toll.

As it happens, I know a previous owner of the car from Connecticut who claims it was a CA car at one point. How it wound up here in Wisconsin is anyone's guess.

On the plus side, the M10 is supposed to be a breeze to work on. The clutch pedal has no give whatsoever and it looks to be stuck in neutral. I know the 4x100 wheel pattern is shared with some newer stuff, so if anyone has any serviceable tires on 4x100 wheels I'm interested, along with whatever bits and pieces might swap over.

The rust is too pervasive for this to be a restoration candidate but I kinda want to see if we can get it running and driving just for the heck of it. Far more concerned with drivability than originality on this guy.

I'm new to these cars and any advice is welcome.

Posted Image

IMG_2043 by TWHansen, on Flickr

Posted Image

IMG_2042 by TWHansen, on Flickr

Posted Image

IMG_2012 by TWHansen, on Flickr

Posted Image

IMG_2018 by TWHansen, on Flickr

Posted Image

IMG_2013 by TWHansen, on Flickr

• 1 year later...
  • 3 weeks later...