WI BIMMERS - Wisconsin's BMW Community

New Member from Plymouth Looking for E39 Wagon

FieroSS

Hello everyone!

I'm looking to get into my first Bimmer and I though it would be a good idea to get on this site. I live in Plymouth and have a decent fleet of vehicles i'll list below. I'm looking to replace the Saab with a manual E39 Wagon. I'm searching for a 525 that I can swap in a M54B30 3.0 for a some extra ponies without the extra cost of a supercharger. I'm also considering E46 manual, rwd wagons but they have the burden of being hard to find and tend to be more expensive than a comparable 5 series. If you know of a manual 525 wagon for sale let me know! I missed the green/tan one that was for sale in milwaukee a couple weeks ago unfortunately; it was exactly what i want. I've had a few friends with BMW's that have turned me on to them and I require a wagon and a manual transmission which really limits the options.

Here is my fleet right now:

2006 Saab 9-3 Aero (6 speed, looking to sell)

1964 Corvette Stingray (ZZ430, Tremec 5 speed)

1986 Pontiac Fiero (ZZ3 crate motor, lots of mods)

1984 Corvette (LS6, T56 track rat project)

2001 Saturn SL (winter beater)

1986 Honda VFR700 (excellent motorcycle!)

Looking forward to a fun Bimmer lifestyle!

-Tim

Thanks everyone!

540 touring are great but are only automatics (swapped cars can be found but they are out of my price range). I'm also not interested in dealing with the timing chain guide issues and would rather stick to the bullet proof I6!

Correct me if I'm wrong, 530 wagons don't exist in the US, right? That's why I plan to just build one!

I'm searching all possible avenues and I'm willing to travel a fair amount to get one. I've been disappointed with search tempest lately and I'm missing newly posted cars. I'm using dailylister more often.

-Tim

I would like to stay under $5-6K and i'm ok with high miles but would prefer it to have under 175K. However, since i'm looking to motor swap the mileage becomes less important if the price is right and its in good shape. I'll try to track that one you speak of down but could you provide me a link to aid my search in case i don't find it? There is also a very nice 525it, manual on bringatrailer.com auctions but it will exceed my price range for sure having only 86K miles.

My wife doesn't understand my love for wagons but she won't keep me from one either. She also enjoys driving stick from time to time so a manual, wagon is approved! I also think the wagon will win her over when we are able to transport large items without borrowing friends trucks/SUVs.

-Tim

Yep, that car is also on bimmerforums. What a beautiful car! Its an excellent machine but sadly way more money than i want to spend and I'm not interested in having to deal with the V8's timing chain guide issues.

If I had 20K laying around for a wagon i would probably buy this one and it would be a monster!

http://athensga.craigslist.org/cto/5556157733.html

-Tim

Wow, what a build. Those kinds of buillds by very very talented but mostly everyday people (they are building the car as a hobby not as a profession) always blow my mind. Mostly because I can't understand where they find the time to get all that work done!?!?!?!?

• 2 weeks later...