WI BIMMERS - Wisconsin's BMW Community

What (non-BMW/non-GM) V8 Would You Swap Into A BMW?

B C

What non-BMW/non-GM V8 would you swap in?  

14 members have voted

1. 1. What non-BMW/non-GM V8 would you swap in?

• Ford
    • Dodge
    • Hyundai
    • Mercedes Benz
    • Nissan/Infiniti
    • Toyota/Lexus
    • Volkswagen/Audi
    • Yamaha
    • Other ('splain yoself)

Question

The natural choice for a V8 swap in a BMW is either a BMW V8 or an LS.  BMW because BMW  and LS because you can find LS swaps in everything including kitchen appliances these days. 

I left out Ferrari, Lotus, and a few other exotics that just aren't realistic. 

If you were going to swap a V8 into a BMW, what would it be and why?

Keep it realistic, something you could actually think of affording and putting into a BMW (not a 92 liter mopar crate motor that costs $838123.49 on Jegs  for example).

maxresdefault.jpg

Hmmmm. This is a hard question to ask.

I would vote LS- for so many reasons. reliable, aftermarket support, cost, plentiful.

Ford-  I have the FE 5.0 302 in my e36, and II must say, its cheap and dumb simple. But.... the LS does all of the things ford does but much better with a little more $$.

UZ's - Awesome power plants that sounds amazing(when I had open headers on my LS430 I couldn't the wipe a grin off of my face even at idle. You can find 1UZ's super cheap and 2/3UZ's for a little bit more, but wiring isn't the easiest walk in the park, plus using an adapter for a manual trans ups the price quite a bit. 

VH45- Awesome power plant that sounds amazing as well. You can have one for pennies, but again wiring isn't the easiest walk in the park or you pay to have a harness made, plus using an adapter for a manual trans ups the price too. 

Anything else would be cool, but with that comes more time and money unless it has a big carburetor on it. But that's pretty much giving up and saying I couldn't figure it out so hers some fuel and air, I don't care.