WI BIMMERS - Wisconsin's BMW Community

E92 Rage-Drifting on Mullholland

B C

How many of you think he could have saved it if he had a real LSD?

Personal opinion/experiences:

Its too bad the open diff cars aren't very easy/fun to maintain control of. BUT for what 81% of the E9X use their car for I can understand the lack of a mechanical LSD. With that said the "electronic LSD" function in the E9X actually works pretty well for straight line grip in the rain.

How many of you think he could have saved it if he had a real LSD? Personal opinion/experiences: Its too bad the open diff cars aren't very easy/fun to maintain control of. BUT for what 81% of the E9X use their car for I can understand the lack of a mechanical LSD. With that said the "electronic LSD" function in the E9X actually works pretty well for straight line grip in the rain.

I can vouch for that! lol

I don't even think that a mechanical LSD would have saved this idiot.  I'd say it's a lack of driver skill that put him rubber side up.

Ha! Saw this on jalopnik earlier today. The technology that could have prevented it is called a steering wheel. When the car started sliding he turned into the skid and then froze and steered the car right into the dirt. Looks like he was hot-dogging it for the camera and got in a little over his head...