WI BIMMERS - Wisconsin's BMW Community

New guy from Stoughton

Ben

Hey guys and gals. Thought I would introduce myself. My name is Ben and I am from Stoughton(near Madison). Picked up an E36 last week. I do believe this is a previous members old car. Its a 98 323is. Car is rust free minus a few paint chips. It has a lot of miles on it, but I picked up it for a semi daily driver to keep the miles off of my truck and to get a little better MPG on the commute to work. I plan an M3 front bumper and a different set of wheels to start as well as some general maintenance stuff. I have a few other toys as well. Just finishing up on a resto on a 72 240z and my daily driver 2012 F150. Pics of the fleet below:

Only pic I have of the car now. I will get some more shortly..

received_10153482364328044_zpsv5qkf4s6.j

My 240z:

20140916_181703_zpswfgzptbn.jpg

This is what I started with:

z5_zpsc312ea04.jpg

Stripped down to this:

20130504_135519_zps63a83cd0.jpg

My daily and my boat:

20150529_160513_zpsvmbfo1bs.jpg

It will be a little but before its able to be on the road. I have a ton of parts that need to be replaced. So far I have ordered:

Headlights, tail ligths and fog lights

Brakes all around

Fuel, oil and air filter. 

Water pump, coolant tank, idler and tensioner pulley, Thermostat and belts. 

I also have to figure out a few wiring issues. I think the stereo was wired in wrong. 

I am planning on getting the new bumper and nose panel ordered here. Thankfully I run a body shop, so that shouldnt be too bad to paint. It will look like a new car here pretty soon.