WI BIMMERS - Wisconsin's BMW Community

How wide of a tire on 7.5" rim?

CMart

Question

12 answers to this question

There's a lot of things to factor in here. Wheel offset, ride height, rolled fenders, etc. I would think a 225/45 would suit you well. Although it doesn't seem like much width, a 225 is a pretty good size tire on an e30.

Yeah I guess there are... I love my rims, but really want to go wider. When I had my CTS-V a lot of people in the community would send their rims out to get widened since there werent many options for the 6 lug. I was going to get my suspension installed, play some with rolling fenders and see if I could get my ACs widened in the rear. Looks like I just need to drop the car then see what I am working with.

When you say 225/45 are you talking for a 16" wheel?

Wait, I thought the new thing is to go as narrow as possible....maybe a 135.

Ahhh yes, damn spell check. How NARROW can I go. Maybe a 101 would be more appropriate for me.

225s are going to be it.  not really much in existence that will be wider, but still a similar overall height for 16". also tough to fit much wider without fender mods/super stiff suspension. you're on the right track though, find the grippiest 225s you can, if you're set on using those wheels.

you are going to have traction issues with the m60 unless you can get to 255s.