WI BIMMERS - Wisconsin's BMW Community

E30 suspension question

michael1972

Question

I will be looking to buy a e30 around feburary and I have a question about coilovers. Do the Raceland coilovers have rear ride height adjustment? I was also looking at the JOM Bluline coilover kit on ECS tuning. Same question on those. Or any suggestions for a set that is adjustable in the rear and are in the 500 dollar range. I am asking because I have read some reviews and the people talk like there is no adjustment just a lower spring and a shock. I want to be able to adjust height front and back. Also I don't want to spend a fortune on modding a e30 as my e92 gets most of the love. Thanks for any help.

3.73 really is spot on and the easiest ratio to find. I did a 3.73 for a year after i did my manual swap and it fit the car real well. I was craving more acceleration and I ran a 4.10 for a few years and the extra short 1st gear drove me nuts. Passing rarely required downshifting though. I now have a 2.93 (because of the snail) and the long 1st gear is a lot nicer for driving around town. Ideally i would have a 3.25 diff but i wasnt able to find one locally.