WI BIMMERS - Wisconsin's BMW Community

Finding more an more out about the SRT4 I snagged

Brian.

I'm not a huge SRT4 fan. the actual car it's self is ugly. the 4 door platform is evenworse. BUT I love the motor/sound.

I picked it up knowing it was modified. Come to find out, it has more money sunk into it then expected. It has a full Mopar Stage 3 kit. Which includes bigger turbo, bigger injectors, AGP waste gate, AGP BOV, Mopar Stage 3 ECU tuning W/ custom tunes, IC sprayer, 100+ octane tune (race fuel baby!) and dial-a-boost.

These all sound like random nonsense. But this thing has some serious money sunk into it. Aside from the coil overs, the factory reman trans ($4k+ alone) I paid $800 for the E28 3 years ago. And now traded for a car that with, a little work, will be worth over $6K. I also should be sitting around 350whp right now, with better tunes and an E85 tune I should be over 400!

This said. The car is still ugly and stupid. 

I love that you hate the car haha! Bravo on the trade deal though, sell it next spring and buy a minty 535is.

I won't own another E28. Unless I can find an M5 for a good deal, I won't hold my breath.

More info on how you 'snagged' it? I've always been a fan of SRT4's.

You traded an $800 E28 for it? Does said car run?

Yup. Drove it around today and yesterday. It's getting closer and closer to being streatable

If it was a $800 E28.... Why were you asking $2800 for it in pieces.

I was asking $2K. I paid traded my 2001 Crownvic P71 for it 3 years ago, which I paid $800 for a year before that. But when I sold it, it came with a SHIT TON of extra parts. 

How soon till it's gonna be road worthy? Gonna rock it for awhile - or sell it once it's together?

It'll be road worthy soon. I'll drive it for a bit, but It'll be gone before late fall. I need a new sled.

A friend of mine had a 2005 commemorative edition stage 2 SRT-4 with BFG Drag Radials and I constantly made fun of it until he threw me the keys and told me to take it easy in 1st.  To say I was impressed is an understatement.

They are ugly as hell but I love that you don't know if someone has a high 13 sec car or a mid 10 sec car.