WI BIMMERS - Wisconsin's BMW Community

The Isetta: A car for fat poor people that park like douchebags

B C

Cramped up on a commuter train after a long day at the office, Hans dreams of purchasing an automobile.

1111122_zps47f7dc0a.jpg

A strict diet of beer and bavarian creampuffs causes Hans to have trouble fitting into most small cheap cars.

1234_zps996ed6fd.jpg

Fortunately for Hans, BMW designers were thinking about the fat poor people of Bavaria

123456_zps561d2ea6.jpg

The BMW Isetta was born, with an engine mounted behind the driver for more Frontal Gut Volume (FGV) than any car in its class

1234567_zps2a7d2f34.jpg

With the newfound freedom and comfort of the Isetta, Hans, and other fat poor people, begin to let the thought of owning an automobile made by a prestigious marque get the best of them. A superiority complex forms and there is now no longer any time to park their automobile properly. The stereotypical douchebag BMW parking job is born.

2223344_zpsd8117448.jpg

332323_zps2f58e336.jpg

343434344_zps0404d7d5.jpg

...........over 50 years later and the tradition still continues.

image004.jpg

the_more_you_know_banner.jpg

I have a few Uncles....this one is just a 'I like cool things guy'

Some of the Stuff he has

Isetta

Original Mini

BMW 2002

Merc Unimog

Vintage Vespa (concours quality mint)

Mint Penny-Farthing bicycle (old style bike with the big front wheel)

80's Porsche 911

Volvo Turbo Wagon

He buys this stuff, sometimes already restored, sometimes needing full restoration and goes to work on them.

Sounds like a badass=) That Merc Unimog must be sweet

I'm pretty sure he still has it, I know he doesn't do much with it other than rarely offroad it.  He also has a lifted Lexus SUV he offroads.

Yeah I really want a Unimog. Or a jeep forward control. Your uncle seems rad!

He's a cool guy.  Very very smart.  I really enjoy talking through mechanical issues with him.  If something doesn't work, or keeps failing he will simply take it apart and rebuild it better.  He hand made, from scratch almost all the parts for the Penny Farthing.  Same with a lot of parts on the isetta.

Once my shed is done, I might see what projects he's not really interested in anymore.

He said he rode it a few times and offered to let me ride it, but I turned him down.  He said he has to get on to it by a truck or high step.  To me it is too perfect to ride.  He built each individual spoke by hand.

He also offered to let me ride the scooter....turned him down, but I did drive the mini and the 911.  Both awesome!!