WI BIMMERS - Wisconsin's BMW Community

1992 525it with an M30B35 Swap

Guest Laishes

Guest Laishes

Dude even it's a pile you got it for nothing. Well, pretty close.

There's a "build thread" on bimmerforums for this car. Its been around and heard many people say to stay away from it. As long as it was worth it yo you

Yeah no doubt Rowley;

I saw the forum Baxters talking about.

It's just a bunch of people from the south (who probably have never even seen rust before) saying "That cars past its prime" due to the fact it has minor surface door rust.

The P.O. who originally built it drove it in the winter but kept good care of it.

I don't care what anyone says;

I like it; it was super cheap (by my standards atleast);it's MY car; it's rare; and until I find out its totally rotted to hell and unrepairable (Looks relatively spotless actually..) I won't be getting rid of it anytime soon!

It's the first EVER M30B35 swapped touring in the U.S. and the swap is proper as fuck.

Baxter likes his E30 but won't sell it for anything less than 6k. Everyone thinks thats over priced. Does Baxter care? No. It's his car; he likes it; and that's what he'd sell it for.

My E30 was far from a perfect car and I also got cash ontop of the trade so I'm very happy.

H8ers gunna H8.

Or people are jealous that they don't have a swaggin' waggin'. who knows, right?!

Guest Laishes

What I'm saying is you won't be able to make 500whp on a stock m30 with hx35 because you would need boost pressures of 35+psi and that's not happening. I was saying you would make around 350whp on an hx35 on that motor with a decent amount of boost. With e85 I bet 450.

I'll have to run a HX40 to get over 450whp?

I suppose your right!

What I'm saying is you won't be able to make 500whp on a stock m30 with hx35 because you would need boost pressures of 35+psi and that's not happening. I was saying you would make around 350whp on an hx35 on that motor with a decent amount of boost. With e85 I bet 450.

I'll have to run a HX40 to get over 450whp?

I suppose your right!

I'm a big fan of that turbo. Best for a street car. Just over the size of a gt35.

I'm a big fan of that turbo. Best for a street car. Just over the size of a gt35.

Rowley;

Gunna come help me wrench on it?!

Install that HX40 soon?

I would love to come work on it! Haha you can buy my hx40 whenever you would like, I want bigger. And if you are serious about turboing it, I have a completely portable welding setup. My tig plugs into 110 and 220 so I can weld nearly anywhere. Also have portable welding cart and table. All fits in the back of the Subaru :)

Guest Laishes

I would love to come work on it! Haha you can buy my hx40 whenever you would like, I want bigger. And if you are serious about turboing it, I have a completely portable welding setup. My tig plugs into 110 and 220 so I can weld nearly anywhere. Also have portable welding cart and table. All fits in the back of the Subaru :)

This is super good news!!

Would you be comfortable welding in sheet metal to fix rust?

I havent gone super "into" the car but I'm sure the start of the rockers need a little love.

This is super good news!!

Would you be comfortable welding in sheet metal to fix rust?

I havent gone super "into" the car but I'm sure the start of the rockers need a little love.

Sheet metal is super easy to tig. Lower heat so it doesn't warp like mig. I'll even teach you so you can just do it yourself haha

Guest Laishes

Sheet metal is super easy to tig. Lower heat so it doesn't warp like mig. I'll even teach you so you can just do it yourself haha

I don't have a garage so I would most likely be coming to you?

I sent you a PM with my number just toss me a text

Guest Laishes

So after a nice drive up to Green Lake Wisconsin yesterday; me and Rowley found out a few things...

One of the subframe bolts is completely missing

The engines leaking some oil out of the oil pan gasket

The underbody is spotless. same with the rockers. However, both front fenders will most likely need to be replaced at some point due to them rusting on the bottom.

My wagon and snow do NOT mix.

A turbo will eventually be added

The plan of attack you ask???

Well...

Most likely the subframe will have to be dropped to access the bolt (am i wrong?) after that is done we'll most likely do the oil pan gasket with a fresh oil change.

Wire wheel and sand any surface rust that is on the doors/body and prime it to prevent it from rusting further.

So after a nice drive up to Green Lake Wisconsin yesterday; me and Rowley found out a few things...

One of the subframe bolts is completely missing

The engines leaking some oil out of the oil pan gasket

The underbody is spotless. same with the rockers. However, both front fenders will most likely need to be replaced at some point due to them rusting on the bottom.

only minor surface rust past the fenders! woohoo

My wagon and snow do NOT mix.

AKA HE SLID INTO THE DITCH :)

A turbo will eventually be added

The plan of attack you ask???

Well...

Most likely the subframe will have to be dropped to access the bolt (am i wrong?) after that is done we'll most likely do the oil pan gasket with a fresh oil change.

Correct. Has to be dropped to remove old one..

Wire wheel and sand any surface rust that is on the doors/body and prime it to prevent it from rusting further.

Guest Laishes

Sounds like you were texting while driving / DUI / brain / dreaming about M20 swaps.

I may have been under the influence... of something..

Nope... Nope... Nevermind....

It must've been the m20 swap daydream.

Guest Laishes

Correct. Has to be dropped to remove old one..

Rowley...

We probably should've checked to make sure the old one was still in there with a screwdriver and a flashlight or something

Guest Laishes

He put it into 3rd, about 2500 rpms, down a hill, and that was enough torque to lock up the lsd haha. I thought he was joking around. HE WASN't

I'M FAUKING SORE FROM DIGGING MY ASS OUT YESTERDAY(and his..)

I even had the clutch partially in going down hill. I don't know what % lock my LSD is but holy shit...

Not to mention my tires aren't made for the snow or they don't have enough tread... minaswell be on ice!