WI BIMMERS - Wisconsin's BMW Community

1992 525it with an M30B35 Swap

Guest Laishes

Guest Laishes

I hate you... and Yes I completely understand the steal. Just not fair :)

You could always swap your own!

I looked it up however and the swap seems very daunting. It's a difficult swap for sure.

Guest Laishes

I hate you... and Yes I completely understand the steal. Just not fair :)

I do want to turbo it eventually but I wont have any of the funds soon enough unless I sell my daily driver

Guest Laishes

Hodge podge turbo builds are cool, if done on a car that no one gives 2 fucks about. but as a daily as well as a touring, I'd suggest going a legit build, if he were to even go turbo route.

Also, double check it's a B35 head. Could be a B34, not a biggie, but that little bit would go a long way! :D

BUllllllllshit. Anything smaller than an hx40 and you would have full boost..... alll the time. I don't believe in turbo's in a daily that spool before 3500. Its just ridiculous. 

cxracing intercoolers have definitely been proven many many times, and there is no need for a 1000$ intercooler when you have a stock block. 

And you think I can't design a manifold? I wouldn't need to. Just copy a simple design. Sure I probably couldn't build the best twin scroll equal length manifold, but shit I have all the tools and materials to build a m30 manifold right now. 

Why else would I have bought a brand new tig welder?

Just because it's a wagon doesn't mean it won't be garage queening it up!

I have my trusty toyota corolla as a daily driver

Personally I would most likely run an HX35 for my setup?

Guest Laishes

And you think I can't design a manifold? I wouldn't need to. Just copy a simple design. Sure I probably couldn't build the best twin scroll equal length manifold, but shit I have all the tools and materials to build a m30 manifold right now. 

Why else would I have bought a brand new tig welder?

Build me a manifold and it'll be turboed sooner than later  :D  :D  :D  :D

Guest Laishes

Lovin the yellow zip ties on the radiator! 

Hahaha! it's really the only "janky" thing i've noticed thus far. I figure ill get upper rad mounts sooner or later but the zipties seem to be working great!

Just because it's a wagon doesn't mean it won't be garage queening it up!

I have my trusty toyota corolla as a daily driver

Personally I would most likely run an HX35 for my setup?

Man the hx35 is such a baby turbo.. You would only be good for around 350wheel without ripping into the motor. Spool would be god damn instant. 

Guest Laishes

Man the hx35 is such a baby turbo.. You would only be good for around 350wheel without ripping into the motor. Spool would be god damn instant. 

HX35 is pretty phat! I could run either I guess (HX35 or HX40). But I'm almost certain the HX35 is good up to 500whp?

Guest Laishes

oh even about that. I'm saying you cant run that high of boost levels without digging into the block. 

You can run 500whp on an M30b35. MLS gasket; arp studs and your pretty good!

Guest Laishes

videos have been demanded by the interwebs...

you musn't upset the balance...

^we want videos

hold your horses people!

I dunno what i can video on

and we got hit by snow so im not driving the wagon; which means ill have to let it warm up!

oh even about that. I'm saying you cant run that high of boost levels without digging into the block. 

The highest hp stock M30. It only has studs; and an MLS gasket

What I'm saying is you won't be able to make 500whp on a stock m30 with hx35 because you would need boost pressures of 35+psi and that's not happening. I was saying you would make around 350whp on an hx35 on that motor with a decent amount of boost. With e85 I bet 450.

Guest Laishes

There's a "build thread" on bimmerforums for this car. Its been around and heard many people say to stay away from it. As long as it was worth it yo you

Minus the surface rust; mechanically it's in great shape. I even checked out the rockers and they are clean aswell. So far I've noticed nothing but good things about this car-- it's solid and well put together

There's a "build thread" on bimmerforums for this car. Its been around and heard many people say to stay away from it. As long as it was worth it yo you

Minus the surface rust; mechanically it's in great shape. I even checked out the rockers and they are clean aswell. So far I've noticed nothing but good things about this car-- it's solid and well put together

Dude even it's a pile you got it for nothing. Well, pretty close.