WI BIMMERS - Wisconsin's BMW Community

patsbimmer1 FK coilovers

patsbimmer1

I spent this past weekend at LSHQ doing some much needed work on Lola.  It was nice to dig in and get these parts out of my garage finally!

My list for the weekend was as follows:

FK Silverline Coilovers

Grill Surround

Hood release

Find coolant leak

Test fit wheels

The coilovers were an easy install.  At there lowest they satisfy my need for the low low while not being overly harsh.  I did raise the front up a bit since this is daily driven and we are only in January right now.  My steering feels much more direct and gives a bit more confidence.  On excellent to good roads the ride is better than my worn out 150k mile m tech suspension and while on fair to poor roads the ride is a bit stiff.  I have never ridden in another e36 with coilovers so I don't have any comparison that way.  My brother-in-laws A6 on ST's is comparable to the ride the FK's deliver.  I paid $749 for them through ESE tuning and bought the coilover cup kit from Turner Motorsports that came with the front and rear mount reinforcements for $200.  Overall, I am extremely satisfied.

I don't have any pictures of the hood release install but that is a pain in the ass.  Come to find out one of my hood releases is frozen so a new one will be ordered soon.  No pictures of the wheel test fit either... you guy's will have to wait for that surprise!

IMG_20140111_105720_zps3eaa22d6.jpg

20140111_005204_zps1e27da1b.jpg

20140111_014610_zps4e1932ff.jpg

Here are a few shots after the grill surround and grill were put in.

20140112_173302_zpseb8077a1.jpg

20140112_173308_zps1c632b51.jpg

As for my coolant leak... The hose on the bottom of the resevoir was loose.  Easy fix compared to any other e36 coolant disasters.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Glad those fog lights worked for you=)

They work stupendously!  I sometimes like to freak my wife out and turn the headlights off and just drive with the fogs... I am amused.

Thanks for the kind words everyone!  I have some more plans this summer for her but here's a little aural pleasure from last summer after my Borla exhaust, CAI and M50 intake.