WI BIMMERS - Wisconsin's BMW Community

What are you reading?

Ryan...

I guess a more important question would have been, can, or do any of you read? For, like, enjoyment?

I heard Snap try to read once and suffice to say it looked very painful for him, poor guy :(

2013 was a good year for me, my job allows (aka requires) me to spend a lot of time reading to fill time during work hours. While I sit in my stationary car for hours on end, I can either browse my tiny phone, or read.

This year I finished reading the Game Of Thrones books, the Dark Tower series (awesome), and I will finish the Repairman Jack novels by the end of January. With a few others scattered in, I've read approximately 25-27 books this year, easily a personal record.

So what you done read then, huh?

I read stupid posts like yours. 

I dont read much.
I am currently reading Maximum Boost by Corky Bell and besides that, I only really read the bible/scriptures.

I did read Richard Hammond's book and it was the first book I have read to completion since Goosebumps. 

!!d8fknwBmM~$(KGrHqIOKm8Ew9GZh0NIBMSM,t3

I read stupid posts like yours. 

I dont read much.

I am currently reading Maximum Boost by Corky Bell and besides that, I only really read the bible/scriptures.

I did read Richard Hammond's book and it was the first book I have read to completion since Goosebumps. 

<3

How was maximum boost? I've been meaning to read that..

Maximum Boost is excellent.  Simple enough to appeal to the novice auto enthusiast, technical enough to keep a well educated enthusiast interested. 

Good to know, i'll be picking it up then.

I recently read Cormac McCarthy's "The Road"   I couldn't put it down.  Life after a nuclear war.  Cannibalism.  Uber dark but great.

I'm now in the middle of "Blood Meridian" but haven't picked that up in a little bit.

The Road sounds very interesting, I'll have to search for a kindle version...

One of my all time favorites is The Art of Racing in the Rain by Garth Stein.  It's a great story told through the eyes of a dog about his owner who is an aspiring racer and falls on hard times.  The story telling is compelling enough to keep non-auto people interested but has enough car speak in it to satisfy us gear heads.

Another favorite is On the Road by Jack Kerouac and if you haven't read this one yet you definitely need to!

One of my all time favorites is The Art of Racing in the Rain by Garth Stein.  It's a great story told through the eyes of a dog about his owner who is an aspiring racer and falls on hard times.  The story telling is compelling enough to keep non-auto people interested but has enough car speak in it to satisfy us gear heads.

Another favorite is On the Road by Jack Kerouac and if you haven't read this one yet you definitely need to!

Fiction or Non-fiction? I may give that one a shot