WI BIMMERS - Wisconsin's BMW Community

but what if its not, what if in a haze of mid-grade petroleum fumes, you rush to the passenger compartment to go for your initial drive, forgetting that there is no seat, and lob yourself into position only to crush your twig-n-berries on the formed hump in the unibody.

I don't get the feeling that you are considering all the possible scenarios here.

and for that i give this thread a 1 star rating 

That "thing" looks like a horrible Caddilac hearse conversion...

E28 tourings are no myth but they are the unicorns of E28 models. Schulz was a tuner back in the day that also did coach conversions like what Bauer did with E21's and E30's. Less than 100 were made and I haven't heard a number on how many are still around. Fun fact they also made E24 6 series cabrios!

That "thing" looks like a horrible Caddilac hearse conversion...

E28 tourings are no myth but they are the unicorns of E28 models. Schulz was a tuner back in the day that also did coach conversions like what Bauer did with E21's and E30's. Less than 100 were made and I haven't heard a number on how many are still around. Fun fact they also made E24 6 series cabrios!

There is a 6 series cabrio in back to the future remember=P 

Back-to-the-Future-II-1983-BMW-633-CSi-E

Here are some pics of the thermostat housing repair.  The nipple for the throttle body heater was corroded terribly so I drilled it out and tapped it 1/8 NPT.  If this happens to you and you want to keep the throttle body heater you can get an 1/8 NPT to 3/8" nipple fitting and thread that in.

006_zps0c6a2221.jpg

003_zps645b224b.jpg

Now to feel better tomorrow (had a sinus infection from hell today, didn't even leave my apartment today :( ) get this glorious hunk of metal registered and insured and then irritate the local yokels with the e28. Can't wait to do the i stroker setup and maybe mega the squirtin and turbo this winter. All in all I am more than happy with the car now. If you have an e28 that isnt a manual, you are wasting your time!!! Also the exhaust would even impress Thor (the god of thunder)

• 2 weeks later...

OK finally back on here... The e28 LIVES!!! The manual swap was the best thing ive done to the car yet (besides the Menard peformance exhaust). It pulls very well for being an n/a seta manual swap car. Also i have the auto diff in it still and no complaints, its geared perfectly and it can light up the tires in the dry from a stop no probs, in the wet itll spin up the rears through second!!! I will shut up now and get you guys what you really want... PICS!!!

Dat sticker doe!

E0D2FDA2-283C-4C34-A397-FB7BB72BC376_zps

Night shot

475CCF64-4479-475C-B62F-AF0AEB97CA7C_zps