WI BIMMERS - Wisconsin's BMW Community

New Daily

Earl

We are all perfectly fine physically =)

The car runs and drives perfectly normal. The front bumper is gone (all electrical tore off too), the drivers mirror is gone, the passenger headlight assembly still works but is bent in a hair, and the passenger front fender got some nice speed dimples.

Long story short, we were on 41 North by the Watertown Plank Road construction. We were in the far left lane. We merged over once seeing the merge left sign. A semi was on our right from this point on. We saw the lane merge in once again but a little late. I applied the brakes and was going to merge right, but that semi also slowed to our speed and started merging into our now ending lane. In a last thought I had to decide trailer wheels or construction barrels.

The first barrel smashed off my drivers side mirror. Barrel number two hit the front fender on the drivers side. I believe a third barrel hit the middle of thr bumper, just inwards of the passenger headlight assembly. At this point I figured that semi saw all of this and sped up. I was wrong there. As I came back into the roadway, I tapped my fender on his rear bumper, banging up my passenger front fender (and most likely ripping my electrical harbess in half). I figured that the "closed" lane wasn't a bad idea so I swerved into it. After getting my bearings back I racecar'd through an opening in the barrels to get back on the highway.

We then drove to the shop where I put electrical tape over all of the exposed wires after assessing all of the damage.

I think I got all of that right. Moral of thr story is when there is a merge right sign, get over into the far right lane just to be safe and make sure there is no semi to your right=)

I just posted some Wanted ads on craigslist to see if some hilljack has one of these bad gurlz taking up real estate in their backyard.

If anyone that is decent at wiring could help me splice the front harness back together that would be greatly appreciated. I want to get this thing at least "road legal" again instead of riding dirty=)

Odd happenings in this on the way to work this morning. My dash lights would go from really bright to basically off and anywhere in between on the way to work. I will see if it does it on the way home, but I never had this issue before. They get a little dim when I turn the wipers on or turn on something that drains electricity, but never random like this. I am hoping it has to either do with the cold or my new bouqet of wires sticking off the front from my accident.

I just found out the fenders and mirrors from the early 3g work. I can get them both for around $75 at the yard by my parents if I pull them myself. Sounds like a plan to me. Now I just need to find a bumper and get motivated to put the wires back together.

The dash lights were perfectly fine on the way home and to work today besides acting up just as I was three blocks from work. I have a feeling the wiring to the alternator might be on loose or something up front is shorting and drawing a lot of power. I absolutely hate electrical and this makes me not want to fix the car=/ Does anyone like electrical and feel up for a challenge?

• 1 month later...