WI BIMMERS - Wisconsin's BMW Community

my E30 story

johnprusinski

Nice work with the welding! 
Wire wheels are awful sometimes. I get my pantlegs and shoelaces caught in those stupid things. Also Roundys bags with chairman bobs face on them. 

Rock Auto has a Delphi universal sensor for $38 in case you cant find it cheaper elsewhere. 

• 3 weeks later...

good news guys, i actually did some work tonight. i bought some brake lines for the hydro and after jake flared them for me (i couldnt get them to save my life.) i got everything tighten down except for the inlet for the master cylinder.(i striped it.) im going to try and tap it tomorrow before i buy a new master. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

ok well i havnt posted in a while since i have had to deal with not having any money and trying to get my new job and school set up. since i last posted i took out my steering column and linkage and found out that my linkage was in bad shape. 

IMG_06291_zps57f3855a.jpg

i saw that people would replace the rivets with bolts, so i did the same

IMG_06341_zps29e3461e.jpg

i used some grade 8 bolts and nuts with loctite and lock washers.i haven't drove it far but so far it has held up pretty well. 

i also took my ABS out and ran all new brake lines. 

i got a new cheap seat for free from a friend and also a seat belt from my dads friend.

IMG_06991_zpsc649ee64.jpg

i made my own seat bracket to hold the new seat and i welded the seat in the car.

IMG_07061_zpsdde71f3d.jpg

the seat belt is from R.J.S. racing. i got it because it is expired, according to SFI standards.

IMG_07211_zps71c84f02.jpg

i installed it but i will be getting or attempting to make a harness bar to attach the shoulder straps. for now i have them bolted them to the rear seat belt anchor. 

IMG_07221_zps04351119.jpg