WI BIMMERS - Wisconsin's BMW Community

my E30 story

johnprusinski

i got this car because i want to start to drift. jake got me hooked ever since i went to a drift day with him. i just got the car because i finally got some extra cash and i am getting tired of the Volkswagen scene. 

here is my current parts runner/ daily driver.

456490_406500642742375_68440479_o.jpg

i havnt made a lot of progress on the BMW yet because i am waiting on some parts to get this thing running properly. 

this is what ive got so far. 

IMG_04431_zps0b285fc7.jpg

IMG_04421_zps69e1a268.jpg

i took the AC, gutted the trunk and the interior. 

IMG_04441_zps9edef2ca.jpg

IMG_04491_zpsbc6a0403.jpg

IMG_04501_zpsa6cf234b.jpg

IMG_04511_zpsc7ea6efa.jpg

this is the only rust that was in the interior. not too bad for an 86 haha

IMG_04521_zps411e66ee.jpg

parts come on friday and hopefully the beast will run good. then i will start working on the motor. if it doesnt work i will try and find an M50 for a good price. 

If this is just gunna be your first drift car, I'd just leave it. My first drift car wasn't pretty. I'll upload a photo of it in a minute

Edit: I couldn't log into my Flickr account, since they use one of the absolute shittiest log in styles. Yahoo, to log in. Can't even get their own log in style.

Edited by Brian

thanks for the advice. i dont like painting things, so maybe you should remind me every time i am thinking of it. thanks :) hahahaha 

Better then what I tell most people when they wanna paint. I usually tell them I have a climate controlled full car paint booth... Haha. Then they wanna paint.

Don't paint it. Trust me. Totally not worth it. Address all the rust(if any) and thats it. I'm in the middle of painting my drift bitch, and its totally not worth it. I'm in the same boat as you though. First drift car as an e30 and its gutted and wanting to slide. cheers!

also, find an m50. Totally worth it. mine is going in thursday night. You can keep your currents trans and stuff. Just have to buy a brace from GunMetalGrey on this forum. 

Says it's going in thursday night, Still has yet to pick it up from one of the shadiest sellers on CL.

i was working on a truck that is next to my car. i cant handle painting cars. its just too much time. 

update, i patched the rust spot and i painted the truck with some good ol plasti dip.

IMG_04531_zps43c20181.jpg

im still learning how to weld so dont expect the welds to be awesome. 

IMG_04541_zps372608e3.jpg

IMG_04551_zpsf32f8e16.jpg

and all of the trash that has accumulated from the car. 

IMG_04561_zps82277009.jpg

I'd run the door panels, unless you're gunna run door skins, those door skeletons are sharp/give you no comfortable way to close the doors. An thrashing around= cut your arms/legs.

I'd do a half carpet, keep the carpet from the dash to the back of the drivers seat. That's what I did on my S13

Honestly, if you wanted, you could be high speed and do something cool like this:

IMG_6901.jpg

That's an E30 pictured. But ditch those stupid factory door pulls. I have some epic CNC machined 6061 aluminum handles I'd sell to you if you'd like! ;)

thats what i was thinking too. just put a steel door panel. that doesnt look like a bad idea, now that i actually see what it looks like.