WI BIMMERS - Wisconsin's BMW Community

Noob e28r in the haus

Guest fastenerpuller

Guest fastenerpuller

Hullo all-

Hi, my name is Lucas, sometimes known as Fastenerpuller. I am new to the WI Bimmers sight, but I have done some lurking noobery on both mye28.com and 2002faq.com. I'm a Wisconsin-born son but have lived all over the world. I returned here from California about 5 years ago to be a part of my daughter's birth and I've just hung around.

While I was in SF, I had a hopped-up '72 2002 in four colors, which I drove to WI in 2 days during the worst winter on record. I got arrested in Arizona for Criminal Speed. At any rate, since that point I've had an e34 touring (which ended up upside-down outside of Devil's Lake thanks to broken SLS and an overactive imagination), a JDM 1991 Accord wagon and now a 1987 535is, which I love.

post-1590-136211551191_thumb.jpg

post-1590-136211551207_thumb.jpg

post-1590-136211551221_thumb.jpg

post-1590-136211551183_thumb.jpg

In a turn of craziness and rabid thrift, I have acquired a crashed track car 535is. I intend to revive this one into a serviceable daily driver, which will be a lot of fun and a lot of work. To say that my aspirations are cost-effective would be an understatement. I don't have a lot of history working on cars, but I do work in the design industry and I'm pretty good at figuring things out. I hope to meet you all and not embarrass myself too much!

Cheers

Lucas

Guest fastenerpuller

Aw gee guys!

So nice to be welcomed. Brian, I have definitely NOT seen your e28- I'm sure I would have noticed it! As far as the 535, yes it's zinno and it is in pretty decent condition (the air dam is smashed to hell). My other one is Lachsilber Metallic. I pulled a nearly complete interior from a junker in Illinois earlier this week, so I pretty much have the whole leggo set to put together a decent car. One thing that I am missing is the exhaust- anyone know where to get one or how difficult it would be to fab?

Guest fastenerpuller

Earl- yeah, you got the tab? 

Brian-

I just have the stock exhaust manifold no headers per se, but I need everything (cat, muffler, mounting hardware etc) back from there. pm me or whatever and let me know what you got. 

• 1 month later...