WI BIMMERS - Wisconsin's BMW Community

Who likes custom stuff?!?

GunMetalGrey

I have been toying with the idea of making CF or CF looking parts (there is now fiberglass that is dyed, available in many colors,and has some carbon in it to be quite strong and look nice, but not break the bank)

I was wondering things you would like to see, car related or not. Only real design barrier at this point is completely enclosed objects or cylinders but I may concur those at some point.

Just wondering if anyone would be interested in anything and have any ideas for me!

Thanks!

I have looked into what it would take to build a CF manifold. It doesnt seem too terrible but I would want to have the time and skill to make the initial materials purchase worthwhile.

I really want a CF hood. Removing weight from the front of the car is tricky.

Oh, and you know what should be stupid-easy and would probably sell nicely are some rear-seat delete panels.

It could be as simple as 2 panels with mounting holes, or it could be 2 panels joined together with a fabric hinge and some light thin insulating material on the bottomside.

Low gloss on those.

Oh, and you know what should be stupid-easy and would probably sell nicely are some rear-seat delete panels.

It could be as simple as 2 panels with mounting holes, or it could be 2 panels joined together with a fabric hinge and some light thin insulating material on the bottomside.

Low gloss on those.

No gloss at all. Glare sucks

On a bike forum I attend regularly (thumpertalk), there is a guy who makes some really cool stuff out of CF. He pretty much took shit off his bike, made replacement CF parts (for fun?) and then posts ridiculously in depth articles about it.

sorry for those without the facespace or mybooks

http://www.facebook.com/pages/High-Desert-Carbon-Works/437413126297979?ref=stream

here are all of is adv rider threads, were he posts crazy project threads

http://advrider.com/forums/search.php?searchid=22196413

Edited by KaiserRolls

oh, and you know what should be stupid-easy and would probably sell nicely are some rear-seat delete panels.

Low gloss on those.

id buy it!