WI BIMMERS - Wisconsin's BMW Community

Vintage Video Thread

YoungCR

For me it's always fun seeing videos from these cars back in the day when they were new. Post up any cool videos you find! This was just recommended by youtube for me and is very interesting!

Mobile Million Mile BMW 325i

Of course there is also the BMW production videos snap just posted too.

http://www.wibimmers.com/board/showthread.php?1429-E30-Production-Videos

Love the 325ix thrashing.
The F1 car and speedboat are nice touches. It kind of reminds me of the "Impossible Dream" video by Honda, originally released back in the "good ol days" when Honda was an engineering powerhouse but revised later to show the HondaJet, Asimo, and the FCX/CRZ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IjYkYQDweVg

Not to hijack the thread already with a non BMW not-quite-vintage video but I think its pretty great. Edited by Snap Understeer

still trying to figure out if good oil or good car...

I'd love to see the same tests on Farm 'n Barn oil.

there's a reason they picked a bmw and not an AMC Gremlin

The heat cycling, loading, and environment were much much less harsh than if it were driven on the road. The only thing that can be fairly said is that Mobil 1 oil protects a piece of machinery being run for a long duration in a stable environment and that BMW designed an engine that operated for a long duration in a stable environment without failures or substantial wear.

Not downplaying it at all, because its great novelty material for an engineer/bmw enthusiast, but the first person that posts an E30 on craigslist claiming "300k miles is nothin, these things go to 1million miles and are just fine" is going to get punted.

The heat cycling, loading, and environment were much much less harsh than if it were driven on the road. The only thing that can be fairly said is that Mobil 1 oil protects a piece of machinery being run for a long duration in a stable environment and that BMW designed an engine that operated for a long duration in a stable environment without failures or substantial wear.

Not downplaying it at all, because its great novelty material for an engineer/bmw enthusiast, but the first person that posts an E30 on craigslist claiming "300k miles is nothin, these things go to 1million miles and are just fine" is going to get punted.

true stuff.

I'd love to see how long stuff would last just pinned on the limiter

Oh and love cutaway videos like this:

and here's some high rpm cutaway action

i just put air vent fresheners in (lots), at least it smells new, if new smelled like "mountain top fresh breeze sunset linen"

Make friends with someone who works at a new car dealership, and they'll make your car smell brand new for a longgg time. i found out why cars smell the way they do.. haha