WI BIMMERS - Wisconsin's BMW Community

ILC's 1991 318 S50 track rat

i_love_cars

20 hours ago, GunMetalGrey said:

We are the chosen ones.

But why? Is it solely based on color? 

Sad to see it go, but it sounds like it will be beneficial in most other aspects so it makes sense!

It is the red, and that becomes more readily apparent every time I see your signature photo, which is hard to tear eyes from. 

On 2/22/2017 at 8:41 PM, YoungCR said:

good deal! What's on the to do list yet?

just needs a core support welded in and a new fender, then some cheap paint and it will be ready to go. I will update the thread too when I get back on track with it in a few months. Not 100% sure when Dan will have it ready but I called dibs on the first event =P 

• 3 months later...

The way it was described at the driver's meeting on Sunday morning was something to the effect of the track being a ribbon of asphalt surrounded by swamps.Not just around T7 but everywhere. We were told that if we went off into the grass during a session/race they would leave us there until after the session. Or maybe come get us depending on where, but leave the car. There was one car stuffed deep into the weeds off the outside exit from the carousel that they left there until the end of the day.  

10 hours ago, Boris3 said:

The way it was described at the driver's meeting on Sunday morning was something to the effect of the track being a ribbon of asphalt surrounded by swamps.Not just around T7 but everywhere. We were told that if we went off into the grass during a session/race they would leave us there until after the session. Or maybe come get us depending on where, but leave the car. There was one car stuffed deep into the weeds off the outside exit from the carousel that they left there until the end of the day.  

wow, I guess South Beloit must have also been quite hammered with rain in the recent days then! I don't think I've ever heard a message like that at the BHF drivers meeting before. I think the worst was just "well it's exceptionally hot today so mind your brakes and tires as the track heats up", lol. 

What other events are you doing this year Rich? 

Kicker was it rained heavy early Sunday, was dry for the rest of the day with clear skies for practice, qualifying and five race run groups...until we (the 6th group) were sitting in grid a few minutes before race start and then a brief downpour. At least the track eventually dried off after an extra parade lap, an extra lap for an aborted start (field too stretched out), and a few more race laps.

Next up for me is the Badger Bimmers event at BFR and NASA at Gingerman in June, and the early July Midwestern Council race at BFR.

Just for something different this season I'd like one weekend at BFR where it's not raining!