WI BIMMERS - Wisconsin's BMW Community

BMW Motorrad

Guest AJk44

Guest AJk44

No longer live in Wisconsin as the off road junkie in me has brought me westward, but I believe I can still be a part of this BMW community as a Wisconsinite.

This is my latest addition to my BMW collection, my first BMW cycle. Thought some of you might appreciate it. Although few will appreciate it as much as I do. I've been looking for the right deal for one of these for a few years now. The right deal fell into my arms as this bike was put up on consignment at the dealership I work for. I'm more than happy with this beast as it is the most bad-ass dual sport I have ever ridden. This is one mean off road machine, and it still handles the pavement like a well set-up super motard. Truly the best of both worlds.

Let me know what you think...

2007 BMW G650 XChallenge

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Guest AJk44

Can't go wrong. Same amount of quality is applied to the manufacture of their cycles as their autos. After all, they have been producing bikes since 1923. EFI, ABS and an airbag rear suspension set-up is unreal on a dirtbike.

Edited by AJk44

Guest AJk44

Thanks! 5 guys from Milwaukee came into our shop yesterday on BMW cycles, 2 of them were on X Challenges. Didn't ever think Id see 3 in one place. And the day before yesterday I ran into a couple in the next town over at the gas station from Fond Du Lac. They were touring the west on some sick BMW cycles as well.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest quillbro

I was on a dual sport ride a few week ago, mostly pretty hairy single track. About 200 miles of it. There was a guy in front of me ripping on a bimmer. I was on a Husky te310. We kept passing each other all day long spraying dirt in each others face. hahaha it was awesome.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest quillbro

I want a BMW GS650 for my enduro. Simply the best.

Ive got a dr650se. Its highly modded and does ok but its 370 pounds.

I want either a husky te250/310 or a wr250r for woods stuff.

There is something to be said for lighter weight enduros. They just get through anything with ease. Plus when you lay them down they are easy to pick up. Last time i had my dr out i had to pick it up 6 times and it was a bitch EVERY time.