WI BIMMERS - Wisconsin's BMW Community

Wheel repair?

straight6pwr

Question

20 answers to this question

keystone does some of the best wheel repair/ refinishing work

however just buy a lead hammer a beach towel and some 2x4 scraps plan on spending 2 or so hours on the set just work you way around the wheel slowly dont try and get the whole bend out at once just hammer a spot untill there is an improvement then move to the next spot working your way around the wheel untill its perfect its not hard its just time consuming and loud

Then, if the tires aren't really worth all that much, I'd try hammering them out as said above. Some people have had good luck heating their wheels up before hammering, but I'd personally be worried about the structural integrity of a wheel that's been heated/hammered on :/

Guest quillbro

Don't mean to thread jack but doesn't anyone know a shop that can Fill and Drill? Im having a hard time finding a 5 lug swap for any decent money.

Guest quillbro

Not sure that I'd really want to run fill-n-drilled wheels on anything I really drive a lot or drive hard.

Curious as to what it typically costs though. I'd imagine you'd be able to buy correct wheels after factoring in the cost of wheels plus the fill and drill.

depends on the wheel....

a set of 4x100 16" RS are pretty ridiculous expensive vs. 16" 5 lug RS. Sending the centers for fill and drill is relatively cheap. Rotiform and Memoryfab do this competently. If its a center you could ship pretty cheap Id send it out to Memoryfab most likely. But im looking to put single piece wheels on my car and shipping them would not make sense.