WI BIMMERS - Wisconsin's BMW Community

boosted m10

Bassboy3313

Question

Hey. I am currently in the process of collecting parts and preparing to turbo the m10 in my e21 this coming spring/summer with a BAE Century kit from the 80s and I am getting a little stumped on the turbo oil drain setup. I would like to go to the oil pan, but cant seem to find the right way to do it. Does anyone with a bottom mount turbo setup on their m10 have their oil drain to the oil pan and can take pics for me or walk me through it? I would appreciate it. Thank you!

16 answers to this question

Oh it will happen! I am going to have to drill and tap the engine block for my oil return so that it sits above the oil level. Going to the oil pan (a lot easier to do) would cause backflow into the turbo and probably blow the seals. I pretty much have everything I need to bolt everything on except exhaust flange, downpipe, throttle cable, and a triple gauge pod for the dash from bavauto. The teardown and install are most likely gonna happen once school is done in may since theres too much going on right now. I have some other goodies to install on the car too that I havent had time for. Should be a great summer!

You'll want to watch out for saucy-pants over there. Last I heard, he ground up an "ix" diff into fine powder and snorted it while bouncing his car off the limiter in the garage.

Not that I blame him for wanting to do such a thing, but it may catch you off-guard if you aren't prepared.

Edited by Snap Understeer

You'll want to watch out for saucy-pants over there. Last I heard, he ground up an "ix" diff into fine powder and snorted it while bouncing his car off the limiter in the garage.

Not that I blame him for wanting to do such a thing, but it may catch you off-guard if you aren't prepared.

lol, what? Also, I need a new diff. Anyone got a 410? Thats the pure shit.