WI BIMMERS - Wisconsin's BMW Community

Audi Convert Gets First Bimmer

cfoxtrot21

Hello forum,

For the last 12 years, there has been a cyclical pattern -- Leased an A6 for 3 years, repeat, repeat, repeat.

The most recent A6 had all sorts of Electronic issues, which seemed to indicate a degradation of build quality.  When the dealership GM contacted me (note: GM *was* a newly hired Sales Associate when I first started on this Audi trend), I let him know of the repetitive issues and that I'd be testing the marketplace for a new sedan.

After quite a bit of searching, this well-appointed, low mileage black beauty captured my attention -- a 2013 BMW 528i XDrive (known better around these parts as an F10 N20).

Now the Bimmer has a new home -- my first BMW, and also a divergence from the usual Lease path, this was a purchase.  Alas, it's going to be around for a good long while.

Planning on some performance updates that will help the N20 engine breathe a bit better, along with some upgraded suspension equipment and a new set of wheels / tires to personalize.  A friend of mine had great things to say about this forum, so here we are.

Cheers!

glad to hear it. Audi makes a very aesthetically pleasing car. Everything about their designs (except the hideous A7) looks good. I've been in everything from an S4 to A4 to A6 to S6 (de-tuned Lambo v10 version) to S8, and I've yet to ever have a desire to get away from BMW. 

BMW just offers a different road experience, by far. I think you have the right idea - do some minor engine work on the N20, and focus on a nice drop with some good wheels - few things on this planet can do so much for a 5-series as a good drop and nice wheels. 

• 1 month later...

Finished with a few cosmetic updates...

Black front Kidney Grilles, Chrome Delete on window trim with 3M Satin Black Vinyl, 35% Tint all-around, Summer Tires and wheels in OEM BMW Style 351 M-Sport.

Next to upgrade the Coilovers and change out the front bumper / grille.  Those are the summer projects.

Overall, I'm really enjoying the 5-Series -- drives really well, and plenty of power when I need it.

IMG_4294.JPG

IMG_4291.JPG

IMG_4289.JPG