WI BIMMERS - Wisconsin's BMW Community

The cure for cancer

BMWben

Question

I stumbled across this on the interwebs and thought I'd share it and get some opinions. Seems like a pretty good deal to me! 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ScPUHIqQLh0

This is just a link to the product they are using http://www.wagnerspraytech.com/motocoat/ I don't know why but they don't have a price on the website but they go for around $120. 

What do you guys think? 

6 answers to this question

The issue I see is that if you cover ANY already compromised area it will accelerate the rusting process by trapping moisture.  So be careful about slathering on undercoating, it may actually hurt rather than help.  On a car that has some slight problems already a better choice would be something like fluid film which you spray on in the fall and it lasts through the winter.  It creates a film to seal water from the metal, even existing rust.  It doesn't dry though so it needs to be reapplied.  No damage to paint, plastic, rubber etc.  It is made from sheep wool wax I believe.

Spray bombs.

The price difference between buying the material in quarts vs rattle cans isn't nearly enough to recoup the cost of buying a sprayer, unless you're doing dozens of cars. Even if you are you were, you wouldn't want a $120 consumer-grade machine because it's not built to last or serviceable. Plus with rattle cans there's no need to buy, handle or store any solvent (generally regarded as nasty stuff) or spend your time cleaning a gun. You just toss the can and call it a day.