WI BIMMERS - Wisconsin's BMW Community

1997 540i/A: High mileage ballin' on a budget.

rampelsauce

Yes

Do these still have the oil pump bolt falling out issues? A guy at work just got a 93 740iL and we need to check it because its common for the oil pump bolts to drop out until self destruction happens. Once the pump gets loose oil pressure is lost. If you haven't changed the oil yet it could be the wrong viscosity too. Sent from my potato phone

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

So my passenger side front window regulator got all messed up at the Gefrorenfahrt. I had to drive all the way home to Port Washington with the passenger window open. So I parked it in the garage because I didn't feel like messing with it til today. So here's what happened.

post-2584-142342371468_thumb.jpg

post-2584-142342376479_thumb.jpg

So I took my factory tool kit and fingers and put the cables back in their little tabs.  FIXED! 

post-2584-142342379247_thumb.jpg

So now I don't have to worry about it ever again!  Unless, that is, I decide to roll the window down.  This is a spring to do list item.

PS:Don't bother clicking on the thumbnails.  They are huge and out of focus.

So I decided that I should clean out my cabin air filters and do some cleaning up under the hood while I was in there. I cleaned out the cabin filters/housings and cleaned out my air box as well.  I removed the intake silencer as an experiment, see what kinda sounds it makes without it.  

I may just go ahead and replace my windshield washer pump while I'm at it.

Also, I left my key in position 1, so my battery is dead.  My girlfriend is out and about, so looks like I'm stuck at home today.