WI BIMMERS - Wisconsin's BMW Community

Chads powdercoating adventures

Chadley

Question

23 answers to this question

What type of powder can you get? I am looking for dormant blue. Let me know if you can get this as id be interested in purchasing some.

I can get all Caterpillar spec stuff. High gloss black, cat yellow, white. I have some other stuff lying around as well. This is high quality industrial powder. Let me know how much you want of that, and I will get it for you at a discount price. Also, buy my powder unit. Its current professional grade equipment. Everything works, and there's $3000 worth of new parts from GEMA in the bags with the GEMA part number tags still on them. And a brand new $1400 GEMA gun. Fully functional, and its a steal at $2000. Or will trade for a running driving car.

Ok. Im CL whore'n to find one. Got the powdah gun today. Have an electrician coming to install 220v into the garage. Hoping I'll be up and running by mid week, assuming I get off my ass and clean le garage (zach has seen this mess first hand) again and the electrical guy comes before mid week. Justin you gonna be around my area anytime soon?

Well, hot pink obviously! What kind of turn around do you have, assuming they get to you sandblasted and ready for spray? Cause I only got one set of brakes lol

I would wanna do it whenever I decide to swap my full suspsension + stainless brake lines, and wouldn't wanna be w/o a car for extended periods.

Ryan: Turnaround on two prepped calipers, assuming they're 100% perfectly sandblasted, and require no other prep work, should be 2-3 days, depending if I can get em both on the same rack or not. I'll need some monies for color, as I dont have hot pink. Shipping should take 1-2 days max I'd assume, unless Justin comes down for a weekend to see piku and he brings them with + drops them off then picks em up sunday.

Dan: that is correct. You cant coat anything with rust, or it will flake. Oils or anything else will cause bubbling. Perfectly clean is the name of le game