WI BIMMERS - Wisconsin's BMW Community

Winter Autocross at Road America

Dominic540

Came across this today (also happens to have been posted today) and thought it might be fun. I don't really know anything about it other than what is on the website. I might try to attend at least one of the sessions though, even if it is just as a spectator.

http://myemail.constantcontact.com/Winter-Autocross-Returns-to-Road-America.html?soid=1102873717521&aid=sBbR_LgNqoY

Got some more detail:

Thanks for contacting Road America. Tentatively the course will be set up in the main paddock area(same as last year).

The number of runs will be determined by the overall participant count. Last year we had 50 cars and split into 3 groups rotating each group through 3 different activity locations(Timed Autocross, Practice Autocross and Speed Stop Challenge). This was an easy way for us to limit the amount of people at any one area and effectively use our time and space to make sure everyone got plenty of driving time. At the end we'll likely have extra time and we can open the timed autocross to anyone who wishes to run more.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest pilotjoe

I was thinking about doing this. Haven't done an auto-X since I sold my Porsche. Might be fun to try it in the Bimmer. Have to see if I can fit it into my schedule!

Joe

"Fortes Fortuna Adiuvat"