WI BIMMERS - Wisconsin's BMW Community

E28 Hartge vs Alpina Article

YoungCR

I'll take the Alpina.

I like watching old episodes of MotorWeek (John Davis is ALWAYS wearing that dang jacket) and hearing their adjectives describing the performance figures.  "0-60 happens in a blistering 6.7 seconds"     so yes  4.8 is wild for that era.

I wish there were still thoroughly worked over tuner cars now like there were in the 80's and 90's.  

That exhaust on the alpina looks awesome.

I couldn't find any more information on the exhaust setup, let alone the axle back portion. =\

I coudn't find anything from alpina either. What I did find was that the rear apron on that car looks to be from an M535i (All the Alpina B7 turbo cars I found images of had the stock rear bumper) but since the car in the article is also missing the matching side skirts I am willing to bet it was added later and the exhaust on it is custom made

I just meant with spaced apart dual tips like that.  I built the exhaust for Mike's car and the tip is just a stainless dual one from Oreilly's.  It comes out below the bumper in the center, which is difficult with the stock muffler being offset on the e28's.  After the manual swap we should redo your tips like that Mike.