WI BIMMERS - Wisconsin's BMW Community

Concealed carry, anyone?

Brian.

I have my permit.  Still looking for a good holster pistol combo.  It seems that my M&P 45c and M&P 9mmc are too large to fit on my dainty frame.  I'm looking to get an M&P shield to try out.

We picked up and LCP for my wife.....holy crap is that a iny gun.  She wants to purse carry.

You either look like a hood rat or a fat guy.  I'm niether.  I tried to use a deep concealment holst where the pistol is actually next to your unit.  When I put my work Khakis on, it looked like my Penis was replaced with a gun.  Back to the drawing board.

I've tried hankle holsters and belly bands all to no avail.  This was all with my M&P 9mm Compact.  So I hipe this Shield will open up some options.

I'm thinking in waist band holster. Few photo's for reference.

ViridianSFAIWB.jpg

Viridian

IWB-Holster.jpg

I like this one a bit better as the handle sticks out a bit more, so if in case of needing it, you're not fumbling to grab it like the first one posted.

I've also thought about just going the open carried route. But have yet to weight he pro's and cons of it.

I tuck my shirts in at work and don't wear a jacket so the waistband one don't work well for me.

The other problem I'm having is my want for it to be CONCEALED.  it is my opinion that concealed means concealed and the places that don't allow it can go F themselves.  I don't want to be 'found out' when I pick my kids up from school.

I tuck my shirts in at work and don't wear a jacket so the waistband one don't work well for me.

The other problem I'm having is my want for it to be CONCEALED.  it is my opinion that concealed means concealed and the places that don't allow it can go F themselves.  I don't want to be 'found out' when I pick my kids up from school.

That's 2 of us. Also, most of the places that post the "No weapons" signs can actually be overruled. There are certain rules that they commonly don't read, like these; the sign HAS to be a MINIMUM of 5"x7" if it's smaller, you're allowed to carry. Also if state statues are listed, (most the times the person that made the sign doesn't know the actual statues, and just thinks a few will work) are listed wrong, you can carry, so long as you're abiding by the state statues listed. I'm still quite new to this, so I'm still trying to learn as much as possible. I also, do not wear a jacket/ second shirt/jacket. I do occasionally if it's cooler wear a zip up hoodie, or my military waffle top. But other then that, in summer I'm wearing T-shirts. So, so far the waist band is my best bet.

For what you're looking for Rob, something like this might work, although, not 100% easy to access, it is 100% concealed.

image1.jpg

holster5.jpg

Big spender over here.  

I like Sig's personally.  But Walther (AKA S&W) makes some pretty decent carry pistols.  Either that or I'll open carry a H&K SL8-1 .223

Traded some shotguns for it

vlcsnap-2013-04-03-21h16m58s105_zps46412

Its a nice handgun for sure.

But I just like carrying a glock, toss it around, beat on it, don't worry if you scratch it to shit, etc.

My mom has a .380 sig. It's like a mini 1911. Fun gun, but super small in the hands.

I really don't think you need to go sub compact for carry guns, a compact frame conceals well-enough.

And why open carry rampelsauce?