WI BIMMERS - Wisconsin's BMW Community

SlideSociety Drift Day V3.1 E30 Pics/Vidya

StewCrew

So as some of you know, I brought my e30 to the first drift event of the year up in Columbus, WI this past Saturday.  Despite getting there a little late I was still able to get a couple of runs in, which wasnt bad considering how many people showed up.  The car held up absolutely perfect and didnt give me a single problem, besides a couple of lost tires :)

Right after taking her off the trailer.  Im on the right, JohnPrusinski in the middle, and my buddy Nick on the left.

Chillin_zps349d5d19.jpg

Second in line before my first run!

181434_10151563894024014_1577364168_n_zp

John riding shotgun

Johninshotty_zps9c34aa4c.jpg

Sweet picture my buddy Joe got

Gettinit-joe_zps2e8f3841.jpg

Andy from NoggsPhotography with a killer up-close and personal shot!

Noggs_zps77476dad.jpg

Heres a quick clip from the last part of my second run

The next event is Saturday June 15th and I encourage everyone to come out!  Even if you dont drift its a good time.  Plus, we made some A+ burgers.

-Jake

Great pictures and video Jake! I havent driven your car but I can appreciate the skill level involved in drifting like that in a sub 200hp car.

Hey hey hey, it's chipped and on 93 octane! Give the old m50 some credit here lol. But the vidya I start in second and do the sliding in third. Top end of third feels perfect. I never hit the limiter so I know I got some room to go a bit faster next time. Although third gear at 5k+ feels pretty fast already. Come to the next one, I'd be glad to give you a ride and let you drive of you feel up to it!

Next time!  I really wanted to get a third run in.  I was feeling super comfortable with the car and was gonna try my luck getting closer to the wall.

#WALLTAPMOD

Looks damn sweet though! I'm glad you guys had a blast, sorry I didn't make it out, weather was subpar to say the least..

Also, HP doesn't mean shit. The AE86's out there don't even have 100HP. So HP isn't everything! :)

Looks damn sweet though! I'm glad you guys had a blast, sorry I didn't make it out, weather was subpar to say the least..

Yeah, the weather had its ups and downs.  I had to throw the hood on a couple times waiting in line to protect the investment lol.

Also, for those interested, Andy just uploaded a bunch of pics from the event.  Definitely a lot of cool shots.

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.562434760467616.1073741825.109036462474117&type=1

Oh I miss gettin slideways in my s13. I've heard this car is pretty wicked from some mutual friends! Looks good man!

I take it you heard that from Justin? I've given a coupe of people rides just at my shop. Hahah I just got home from the LSHQ just now actually. You were the one who did my ball joints right? I thought Justin said that but I can't remember hahah. If so, thank you!

I take it you heard that from Justin? I've given a coupe of people rides just at my shop. Hahah I just got home from the LSHQ just now actually. You were the one who did my ball joints right? I thought Justin said that but I can't remember hahah. If so, thank you!

Yep that was me!  Anytime man!  I keep hearing about your car from Justin, Brian and Shane.  Hopefully I'll get to see it one of these days.

Yep that was me!  Anytime man!  I keep hearing about your car from Justin, Brian and Shane.  Hopefully I'll get to see it one of these days.

Youre welcome to come by the shop whenver youre in Waukesha.  Just hit Justin up and ill come into town to give you a ride.  Its not insured so I have a limited room to drive her, but its still fun.