WI BIMMERS - Wisconsin's BMW Community

My E92 335xi Build Thread - Lots of Pics

Guest jafza412

Guest jafza412

Posting up build thread. Not a whole lot going on right now outside of some standard mods. Sometime down the road FMIC and Cobb is in the plan.

Baby Pics - BMW PE and Matte Black Grilles

WIBimmers4.jpg

WIBimmers1.jpg

WIBimmers2.jpg

WIBimmers3.jpg

WIBimmers5.jpg

WIBimmers7.jpg

WIBimmers8.jpg

Lux V3

WIBimmers6.jpg

Brushed Black Metallic Trim Wrap

WIBimmers9.jpg

WIBimmers10.jpg

WIBimmers12.jpg

KW V1 Suspension + LED Turn Signals

HUUUUUGGEEEEE thanks to Brian for helping me install these. It took us way longer than expected, I think five trips to harbor freight, a few close calls with the springs, and some shady taco bell, but we got it done. Thanks for your patience buddy.

WIBimmers13.jpg

WIBimmers14.jpg

WIBimmers15.jpg

WIBimmers16.jpg

WIBimmers17.jpg

WIBimmers18.jpg

WIBimmers19.jpg

WIBimmers20.jpg

Looks great!  I have an E92 335i that right now just has the BMW aero kit and white front reflectors. Oh, and CF roundels and replacement angel eye bulbs.  And a JB4.  Gets me into the 12's at GLD and 150+ at RA.  Thinking about going full bolt on now that warranty is over.  Charge pipe, BOV, downpipes, FMIC, exhaust.  Have an aFe intake that I've put on and taken off a few times, also.

The metallic wrap in Jamil's car looks spot on, if he hadn't mentioned him doing it himself, I would have thought it was factory! It looks amazing. Fits the rest of the car well. Not race car CF, but also not wanna-be Bentley wood trim!

Jamil, I'll be uploading photo's of your car from the KW-V1 install we did shortly! :)

IMG_20130407_145302_334.jpg

Installing Jamil's front KW-V1's

IMG_20130407_162416_029.jpg

Front KW-V1's in. We ran into a few issues due to his being the X-drive model, and not RWD. The front axles didn't let you drop the front suspension far enough down to just pull everything out, it required alot of wrestling. (note, that off white color on his fender is masking tape) And Jamil in the Red hoodie.

IMG_20130413_101301_148.jpg

Side shot of the KW-V1's in the front, starting the rears now! :)

IMG_20130413_112257_414.jpg

After coming back from Harbor Freight for a 21mm deep socket, we realized my driveway looked like BMTrouble-U central. (E28 was mid process of new exhaust)

IMG_20130413_132454_803.jpg

KW-V1's in the rear (Lowered the front more after this photo, and my driveway is all sorts of wavy) 

Jamil caught the whole, lower it as much as possible. He originally told me he wanted to just "lower it a little bit, get rid of the X-drive's 4x4 status". We got the front coil overs on, and he wanted the front about 4 threads off the bottom, comes back to do the rears, and the rear's are at their lowest setting, he decided to lower the front coils even more!

Good to see you like the new look Jamil! Glad I could help!

Guest jafza412

Jamil caught the whole, lower it as much as possible. He originally told me he wanted to just "lower it a little bit, get rid of the X-drive's 4x4 status". We got the front coil overs on, and he wanted the front about 4 threads off the bottom, comes back to do the rears, and the rear's are at their lowest setting, he decided to lower the front coils even more!

Good to see you like the new look Jamil! Glad I could help!

Hahaha, true story. Def didn't think I'd go down that far, but you called it right from the beginning. I actually raised the rear up by 1/4" or so, I wanted to lift a tad more, but the stupid top mount would spin with the adjusting ring so I clamped from the bottom and 1/4 was as high as I could go, but I think it looks aiight.

Thanks again for your help. You're the fuckin' man.

Hey Jamil dewd. You should lemme borrow that go-pro for a bit. ;)And the software for it if it requires it! ;) Gunna need your mic as well!

if you have a computer than can read SD cards, you're golden pony boy. (or you can just read what's on the card by plugging it on when turned on with the usb cable)

you can use whatever free video "editing" software came on your computer to just chop clips together as well.

If you want to get into adjusting color/audio and enhance your clips download GoPro Cineform Studio, it's free-ninety-free on their website

if you have a computer than can read SD cards, you're golden pony boy. (or you can just read what's on the card by plugging it on when turned on with the usb cable)

you can use whatever free video "editing" software came on your computer to just chop clips together as well.

If you want to get into adjusting color/audio and enhance your clips download GoPro Cineform Studio, it's free-ninety-free on their website

I don't have an SD card reader. this computer is ancient (like 2004) but if i can just USB 2.0 it in, I'm golden.