WI BIMMERS - Wisconsin's BMW Community

*FOUND!* STOLEN: Green Land Rover Freelander - Milwaukee Area

Guest Mott Power

Guest Mott Power
UPDATE: Car found!  Thank you for all your help and concerns!

A green 2004 (I need to verify year) Freelander with Premium Ivory interior was stolen near downtown Milwaukee on the night of April 16th.  Had factory front brush guard, rear light guards, only around 40,000 miles, and Wisconsin license plate 549-ECV.  If you have any information please email me directly at:

I am reaching out to forums as a friend of the owner since he is swamped with other issues - essentially the thieves raided his condo.  The car does have some sentimental value since his grandfather actually manufactured the leather for Land Rover and I also believe Jaguar for several decades until he sold the company a while back.  So any information would help - please pass it on to fellow enthusiasts and owners as well.

Thank you!

Guest Mott Power

Good luck, hope they find the assholes responsible!

Thanks - I hope so, too.  The asshole also took the keys (including the spare) to his other car in the garage so he has no transportation as of now.

Guest Mott Power

That sucks =\ Is this your Rover? If so I feel for you.

Side note. Ugly vehicle from the factory. Could make a sick ass off roader though.

Not my car, but yeah, it's not a looker.  However, the thing is a freaking tank to drive; the looks are very deceiving compared to when you're behind the wheel.

check for part outs and craigs list every day

Already on it - checking racine/kenosha, madison, chicago, appleton, and milwaukee.  But we assume he dumped it by now, the car wasn't the priority; more the escape for what else he took.  Lets just say I'm glad my friend wasn't stabbed while sleeping or something.  I mean he lives on a very nice side of town, very friendly person, doesn't get in trouble, no enemies, etc. It's just one of those benign circumstances.

Guest Mott Power

Very relieving!  Not sure if the car is ok just yet, I spoke with my friend briefly last night when he was still with the police around 12:30.  They chased him down an alley near 26th and Burleigh, he tried to flee, but a cop apparently slammed his ass to the ground.  However, nothing else has been found that was stolen which is the main concern - he took a laptop with some very precious work material which could potentially mean he faces international criminal charges.  He is NOT in a good spot and I don't think he realizes just how serious of shit he's in.

The lesson to be learned here is:

Dont be lazy, work hard and earn your crap instead of taking it from others. 
Dont text and drive

and Use your ashtray instead of throwing cigarette butts out the window. 

alright, so the last 2 were my own.   

Glad to hear the scumbag has been caught.