WI BIMMERS - Wisconsin's BMW Community

Ground control coilver kit suspentions or H&R

Guest m3clubbmw

For handling, especially at high speeds, I'd suggest something a bit pricier to you, like these:

KW 35220012 Coilover Kit Variant 3 95-99 BMW M3

KW Variant 3 inox-line – Perfect Street Performance State-of-the-art technology from motor sports for more performance on the road. The separate and independently adjustable rebound- and compression damping allows for an individual suspension setup for different uses and preferences. The unique patented system with its two-stage valves allows a rebound damping adjustment (comfort) and a compression adjustment (driving dynamics) in the low-speed range while the high-speed range which controls the driving safety, is fixed

$1,912.

Honestly, you need to be specific as to how much you're willing to drop for coil overs, because they can go from cheap, racelands $300 range, to multi-thousand dollar adjustable coilovers.

yea adjusteble my price range is $1.500 coilovers just want something good prices dont always means there good so im just trying to decide.

Well, those KW's V3's are that price, cause they are good. dual dampening valves, adjustablility etc. That all plays a roll. I'm a big fan of fortune auto coilovers. But that's cause I came from a Nissan.

Guest Mott Power

My two cents:  I've had KW V3's on my old car and loved them - great quality and range of adjust-ability.  Much better than any brand of coilover or spring/strut setup I've had.  However, I tried out some ST Coilovers on my E39 (same company as KW, only difference is galvanized steel shock tubes) and won't go back to anything else for the street.  Smooth dampening but still gives great feedback and ride quality at a great price depending where you purchase them from (usually around $900).  They only allow height adjustments and no compression or rebound but I have no complaints - perfect street/light track coilover.  They are the same as V1's, same internals, springs, etc. minus the shock tube material.

Guest m3clubbmw

ok so i whent with the H&R should be here tomorrow aswelll as for my carbon fiber hood from sebion creations, ima see how that goes the car willl be on the road soon, and will be in the milwaukee area.also got the clear corners and taillights to make the car stand out a bit more.