WI BIMMERS - Wisconsin's BMW Community

The holy grail of the big boy pants wearing BMW's.

Brian.

yes sir. They are fully loaded. If their anything like Audi A8L's their even more stupid awesome then you'll think. Double pane windows, bulletproof. Doors too. Came factory with runflat tires. That's the A8L though. not sure about L7's. But either way. This thing looks totally boss!

Guest boxjelly

The L7 is one of my favorites as well. I'm mainly a big body fan, although I currently own an E30iX (until I decide to sell it) as well as a couple of 7s. It's a Euro only model and I am unaware of anyone importing one and Federalizing it. L7s do NOT come with the "protection" package like the E38 750iLP/740iLP.

L7s frequently pop up on mobile.de and autoscout24.eu for about 10-20k euros. There are 2 different models one like the picture posted and and one with glass seperating the driver from the rear passengers like a normal limo.

The real "protection package" E38s are not that common and sell from anywhere to 25-50k in good condition. Many adds especially on ebay and craiglist identify normal 750s as "protection models" Easy way to spot a real protection package is:

1. None of them have a sun roof

2. The rear door glass does not role or have the controls on the door handle to do so.

3. The 750iLP (not the 740iLP) has the rear armrest controls for the radio/cd/telephone/windows installed and the rear arm console is fastened down. I currently have this retrofit but have yet to install it on my E38.

4. The front and rear door glass is incredibly thick....not to be confused with the "dual-pane glass" standard on regular 750s and optional on 740i/iLs. People often think the dual-pane is bullet proof but it is just two windows sealed together with protective film, it is crow bar/baseball bat resistant...and makes for a quiet ride...but a bullet will kill you :)

5. 17" Style 70 wheels with run flats...I have seen a few on M-Pars

The E38 L7s/750iLP/740iLP/Alpina B12 5.7 and 6.0 E-Kat all share the bigger "protection brake" package that is retrofitable to normal E38s.