WI BIMMERS - Wisconsin's BMW Community

M135i styling

B C

BMW is coming out with a new hot hatchback ....

rear-wheel drive...

with an inline 6...

and

twin turbochargers...

Posted Image

and here it is:

Posted Image

Posted Image

That is my reaction at least.

I would love to see someone photoshop or graft in real life, the front end of an E92 onto the M135i. I think it would look amazing.

Posted Image

ahhh yes, that's nice.

Does anyone else agree? or does it look good to you already?

Edited by Snap Understeer

To me, it seems BMW's latest designs have lost style points. I stumbled upon a brand new ///M5 yesterday here in madison. And it looked OKAY at best. It wasn't like, "oh wow, that made my pants tighten"... Those headlights are too big. I agree. E92 front would be alot better.

M135i is totally win, but the front end looks like it belongs on something slow and Italian.

I have to disagree on the M5 comment. I love that car. I think it's understated and aggressive (like the E39). The lines on the car work (unlike the E60). Plus the engine. Oh dear. Drive one and then tell me you don't love it.

The F10 body style is probably going to be like the E60 and the Z4, I know that at first a lot of people (including myself) didnt immediately fall in love with the style, but after a few years it will suddenly click and the beauty is suddenly understood.

I wasn't a fan of the F10 the first few times I saw it in person, but the more I saw it, the more I appreciated the latest evolution the 5 has taken.

Note the gorgeously short front overhang and lack of distinguishable bumper reinforcement from a side view.

Posted Image

With side impact protection causing a rise in the beltline of cars since the mid-90's, the design of the F10 does not make the beltline of the F10 appear as high as it actually is. Instead of becoming more swollen and bulbous, than its predecessor, the F10 manages to look more lean. Definitely a step in the right direction.

.... oh, and ...

DAT HOFFMEISTER KINK!

The F10 body style is probably going to be like the E60 and the Z4, I know that at first a lot of people (including myself) didnt immediately fall in love with the style, but after a few years it will suddenly click and the beauty is suddenly understood.

DAT HOFFMEISTER KINK!

Exactly. Although, I still can get myself to like the looks of the e60. I have an opportunity to buy an e60 545i sport right now for REALLY cheap, but I really can't see myself in one.

Mi madre just sold her E60 530i, yes a bit of a different animal than a 545i, it was a great car no doubt, its main points being the magical balance of handling, comfort, and isolation, but I would much rather have a 3 series, perhaps I would think differently if it was a 535i or greater

Exactly. Although, I still can get myself to like the looks of the e60. I have an opportunity to buy an e60 545i sport right now for REALLY cheap, but I really can't see myself in one.

Don't do it, the car will fall apart and you will hate yourself!

I'm actually the opposite, when the E60 first came out I really like the design. It wasn't until I got on the inside of a earlier model and realized how badly they messed up the interior design on the car, which ruined the rest of the car for me. Late models improved but it still wasn't traditional BMW styling. Same goes with the E63 6ers and E65 sevens, just a bunch of creative nonsense. They managed to get it right with the E9X's since Joji Nagashima, being the designer of E36's and E39's, knew what a BMW should look like.

F10's are great, you park one right next to an E39 and you can see the resemblance. The lines on the hood make the front end aggressive and the M5 just amplifies that with the air ducts and creases in the bumper. I'm very happy with the current line up besides this new 1 series, they've managed to turn around a whole era of bad automotive design.