WI BIMMERS - Wisconsin's BMW Community

Anybody on Fuelly?

YoungCR

Found this really cool site a while back called Fuelly which lets you keep track of your fuel mileage online and does some cool calculations for you. I never started using it with the E28 but I just entered in my first fill up on the burb and its pretty cool. I've always kept track of mileage for curiosity reasons cause its nice to know what your getting on the highway and what not. Anyways here is my profile, sign up and add me as a friend!

http://www.fuelly.com/driver/wsor

Yeah, I joined, forgot, just checked and realized I haven't logged a single thing.

Its a cool concept but then it comes across as something mildly nerdy like a Car Domain for hyper-milers :P

But we're car guys, so its okay. Just dont tell normal people that you log your mileage on a pseudo social networking site online and all is well :D

When I actually gave a crap about mileage in the 325i 18 was my worst tank 28 was my best and 23-24 was pretty typical. Maybe Boris3 can chime in on the kind of fuel mileage he gets during a track day. I would have recorded mine but my odometer died the week prior. I blew through about 3/4 of a tank in 2 hours on the track though.

Cool site. Wish I would have know about this two years ago when me and the roommate Eco-modded the civic for our trips between Milwaukee and Madison. Was pretty interesting learning experience. Started with a bone stock civic and slowly made changes that we had witnessed others do online to improve mileage. I think our best was somewhere between 40-44mpg. not bad for a 20year old car.

thats a pretty cool site.

anton i see you (on average...and assuming that you kept track of all of your fuel ups on this site..) fuel up twice a month, have tracked 12.5k miles and spent over $1600 in the last 12 months. i'd be scared to see my numbers seeing as how i drive for work. on average i fuel up every 2-3 days, would put that 12.5k miles on in 12 WEEKS...

damn i drive too much :(