WI BIMMERS - Wisconsin's BMW Community

New to you!

patsbimmer1

Hi everyone!

New to the forum but not to BMW's! I cut my teeth in auto tinkering building a turbo Nissan 240sx which I recently sold. After blowing up my dd corolla I purchased my first BMW, a 95 325is about 3 years ago! I fell in love and I have been a diehard bimmer fan since! I'm currently selling my 325is and picking up a 91 535i 5spd this coming Monday. I've worked as a professional technician for the past 6 years which means i've managed to turn my passion into a career! As soon as I pick up my new toy I'll get pictures up!

I had the chance to buy a low mile unmolested S14 240sx or 535i 5spd, I bought the 240. It was a good car but I regret not getting the BMW. The feel, sound, and driving experience you get from a BMW is just unbeatable.

i finally test drove an e34 touring, and i must say in stock form there not much driving experience (at least compared to an e30). i imagine with a little suspension massage, it could handle on rails, though.

i finally test drove an e34 touring, and i must say in stock form there not much driving experience (at least compared to an e30). i imagine with a little suspension massage, it could handle on rails, though.

Wanna fight? :cool:

I expected a lot more out of my 240sx in terms of driving enjoyment. 17" summer performance tires, the multilink rear susp. and some Stillen suspension bits made for a car with a good level of grip but I feel like the E34 (with a manual trans, and good tires) is more satisfying to drive

Edited by Snap Understeer

I have to disagree. I had a 525i touring in Germany a couple of years ago, and I thought it drove great. It was the car that turned me to BMW. Now, to be fair, the only other cars I had ever driven before that were american cars, so maybe my 525 touring was just better sprung than anything I had driven previously, but, it sure was a nice car as far as I was concerned.