WI BIMMERS - Wisconsin's BMW Community

Good place for alignment?

REKIII

Question

I usually have my uncle help with my alignment, but sometimes he may not be available. I'm looking for a quality alignment place that know how to deal with lowered cars and custom alignments.

I also have a friend who just picked up a Z4 looking for a place and is als oa bit concerned on where to take it that knows what they are doing (not just do what the computer tells them too).

We are only a bit north of milwaukee, so any suggestion from Milwaukee to FDL would be cool.

Thanks!

21 answers to this question

I wish I had a great recommendation for you but my last conversation with an alignment shop went something like this:

me: "Do you have time to get my car in for a 2-wheel alignment today?"

shop: "Oh sure!, not a problem, our 4-wheel alignment runs $190"

me: "The only component on my car with any adjustability is the front toe. I just replaced my steering rack and just need the toe set again"

shop: " what kind of car?"

(here we go)

me: "91 BMW 325i "

shop: "Oh yeah, we cant do an alignment on those, we dont have the special BMW tool for that one, but theres a shop in Waukesha that does"

me:"Ha! well why dont I bring you my "special bmw tool" (rubber handled crescent wrench) so you can do it"

shop:" Sir, you dont understand, it requires a special bmw tool"

I ended up doing it myself. Here in the midwest I get the feeling that most parts stores and shops that ask me what kind of car I have would end up asking me "what kind of Chevy is that?"