WI BIMMERS - Wisconsin's BMW Community

E39 wheel question

Delias95

Question

Okay I have a e39 (97 528i)  I just bought it a few days ago and to my surprise I realized I am running 3 17 (style 256) and 1 18in BMW wheel not sure the style. Any how I read that e39 have a 75.1 centric bore and most other series have a 72 or around that. I believe the style 256 are series 1 wheels which would have  a smaller centric bore correct?  Also I believe the one 18in wheel is also a 3 series which would be a smaller bore as well. So my question is how are these on my car? I snapped a few pictures to show that they seem to be fitting well any explanation would be great I don't want to damage anything . I can't upload pics but if you can help me I can txt or email them..

2 hours ago, straight6pwr said:

so did you look at the wheels? are they OEM bmw or aftermarket? (what markings are on the back?) Any signs of machine work to the wheels? Any grinding on the hubs? Take a picuture? we want to know!

I will take pics and info after work it didn't look dremeled but idk?? You guys tell me when I snap a few pics !!

3 hours ago, patsbimmer1 said:

It's The latch is either freezing or the handle assembly is taking a crap on you.  You can buy a new assembly from the dealer that is keyed for your car but it's not cheap.  I believe when I had it done on my e36 325is maybe 5 years ago I bough it from Concours because they were the cheapest.  I want to say it was around $200.

I hope it's frozen or else the e39 is sitting over winter! I don't want to pull the door panel off while the car is stuck shut!! And in te cold lol 

2 hours ago, Earl said:

That it does. You pull the door handle and hold it up for a few seconds. It then thaws the cylinder out=P 

i tried this on my e34 (which should have the feature) and it didnt do shit.  hold handle for a few seconds, let go and it should start warming up? how long till it should be done? i can't even get the key into the lock its so froze up after the rain/sleet/deep freeze cycle the other day.