WI BIMMERS - Wisconsin's BMW Community

e34 540i/a Winter Tank

StriggityStrack

if the auto made you drop your pants, don't try one with a 6-speed, you'll be buying her a house and having kids.

they are great daily driver's, no doubt. passengers love them - i get this comment alot 'wow these seats are comfortable and holy crap there's an armrest! OMG!111!111one'

for the snow, learn to use the A/M switch if you don't know it already.  you push it to 'M' then put the selector in 2 then you can start the car from a stop in 2nd gear (or 3rd) and that can help get you unstuck in snow or on ice. too many torques for 1st gear!

Just from the one video I watched, this exhaust sounds SOOOO good at WOT.

The sound of the V8 is what I love the most. It doesn't have any exhaust from the cat back so even the guys with their big diesel trucks turn their heads. 

if the auto made you drop your pants, don't try one with a 6-speed, you'll be buying her a house and having kids.

they are great daily driver's, no doubt. passengers love them - i get this comment alot 'wow these seats are comfortable and holy crap there's an armrest! OMG!111!111one'

for the snow, learn to use the A/M switch if you don't know it already.  you push it to 'M' then put the selector in 2 then you can start the car from a stop in 2nd gear (or 3rd) and that can help get you unstuck in snow or on ice. too many torques for 1st gear!

I read through your whole build thread last week and was very inspired to say the least. And you are definitely right about these cars being loved by many. My girlfriend didn't really understand my appreciation for BMW's since she was never able to drive my M3 being that its stick.  Every since I told her to drive the 540 to work last week she has been jumping at any opportunity to steal the car from me. lol. 

The sound of the V8 is what I love the most. It doesn't have any exhaust from the cat back so even the guys with their big diesel trucks turn their heads. 

I read through your whole build thread last week and was very inspired to say the least. And you are definitely right about these cars being loved by many. My girlfriend didn't really understand my appreciation for BMW's since she was never able to drive my M3 being that its stick.  Every since I told her to drive the 540 to work last week she has been jumping at any opportunity to steal the car from me. lol. 

glad you were inspired! my wife had the same reaction when I went from e30 - e34, although she is still terrified to drive it compared to her 90hp yaris.

• 2 weeks later...