WI BIMMERS - Wisconsin's BMW Community

N54 Procede v5... thoughts?

patsbimmer1

Question

Update:

So I have spent hours scouring the internets to try and figure out a solution.

I tried calling 3 phone numbers for Vishnu, sent emails to 2 different address's and tried to PM Shiv.  The guy I bought this from swears up and down that this is unlocked told me a few different things to try.

I have tried everything he has told me and then some and searched every file I have for an unlock file with no success.  I found a guy that says he has the unlock file and he returned my pm and said he will send it to me... still waiting.

I think I've been fucked.

UPDATE 2:

I am no longer fucked!  I made a nice friend from Montreal on e90post and he sent me the vin unlock .bin file and it's awesome!

I took it for a drive after letting her warm up and once I approach 8psi the power immediately cut.  I drove it for a few minutes just thinking that the auto correct had to catch up to the same result.  Then I found out what limp home mode is... I data logged the event and looked up the codes but nothing would cause what happened.  I turned the car on and it was fine but I heard a loud tick from under the hood... pop the hood and listen... coming from passenger side...

pop off valve cover and find that a FUCKING MOUSE HAS MADE A NEST!!!  Start vacuuming and discover a few nibbles injector wires.  I'm going to dig in tomorrow night and see exactly what I'm dealing with.

At this point though I am happy that I have an unlocked PROcede.

glad you at least got it functioning. Time for FBO status!

I'll get there!  I'm giving myself the next 18 months to accomplish that.  It sounds like a lengthy amount of time but I figure with my new position at work recently consuming a lot of my time and the baby coming at the end of May, my time and my bank account will be stretched until I can adjust.

I'll get there!  I'm giving myself the next 18 months to accomplish that.  It sounds like a lengthy amount of time but I figure with my new position at work recently consuming a lot of my time and the baby coming at the end of May, my time and my bank account will be stretched until I can adjust.

yea i feel your pain man. The forum poll favored coilovers instead of a turbo upgrade for my car, which I think I'm in agreement with, but I just dropped 1500 on a fucking puppy. I'm thinking coils may have to wait until 2016. 

Luckily you can get to FBO for relatively cheap. My first go around with the N54 I spent more money than I should have - bought the full Cobb kit with intercooler, and dropped 900 on lightly used akrapovic downpipes (they retail for 1600). 

I've since learned to become a huge fan of VRSF and saved a ton of money for my N55. I've got both their downpipe and IC. Since you already have the procede, you should be able to get used BMS DCI for like 60 bucks, VRSF downpipes / 7" intercooler for 800, then just throw on an exhaust of your choice. 

$1500 on a puppy!?!?  I paid less than that for both of my dogs combined!!!

VRSF has been on my radar and I think that's what I will end up going with for the IC and downpipes unless I find a great deal on something else used.  The car came with the BMS DCI so that is one less thing I need to worry about.

As far as an exhaust goes, I was thinking about doing the PE mod on my mufflers and calling it a day.  I bought a welder and got a 33 gallon compressor for christmas so I am all set up for cutting and welding in my garage.

then I would say you have 0 excuse to not be Stage 2 by the time roads are clear for spring. Because basically you're telling me you only need to frontload 1000 bucks or less and you're done. 

Get on it. Your life will never be the same !!

purebred bernese mountain dog from a reputable breeder.....yeah, not cheap lol 

then I would say you have 0 excuse to not be Stage 2 by the time roads are clear for spring. Because basically you're telling me you only need to frontload 1000 bucks or less and you're done.

Get on it. Your life will never be the same !!

purebred bernese mountain dog from a reputable breeder.....yeah, not cheap lol

Dosen't seem like you do anything on the cheap. But hell if ya got it spend it.

How were the wiring repairs?Glad to hear you got it going though. I will be looking for you in a ditch along I43 today

It was pretty simple. Just the one injector and it wasn't chewed through the copper so easy enough.

And you might find me in a ditch off of i90 or the belt line near Madison but not i43! My escape just became my main mode of transport unless my wife needs to use it.

I finally got everything working and holy shit! It pulls forever!

I am interested to see the differences between the Procede and the JB4.  I installed a JB4 on mine last spring and as JC43089 will tell you, it made a HUGE difference.  Actually so much of a difference i'm going to start putting it under the knife this summer and see what she'll really do.  The stock intercoolers suck beyond belief (I was logging 120+ IATs on 40-120 highway pulls at 70 deg) last fall, also planning the VRSF 7" upgrade.  

Good to see more N54 guys on here!