WI BIMMERS - Wisconsin's BMW Community

N54 Procede v5... thoughts?

patsbimmer1

Question

Since this thread is discussing PROcede, I have a few questions. Hope you guys don't mind. 

I have the PROcede V5 Rev 3 in the 335i coupe that I just bought about a month ago. 

1. I've been trying to contact Vishnu Performance. Wrote them an email, wrote them email using their "contact us" function on their website, called the number listed on the website but no replies to emails and no answer on the phone. Appreciate if you could advise me on how to contact them (via email preferred).

2. What RON rated fuel are you running on your car with the PROcede V5? Here in Malaysia, we have 3 different RON fuels available ie RON95, RON97 & RON 100. I know that for the 335i, out of the factory, RON95 can be used. So I'm thinking that RON95 can be used on Map 1 of the PROcede too. What do you guys think? 

Thanks in advance. 

In the US in lower elevations, our fuel choices at any random fuel station would be

91.1 RON (87 AKI)

93.2 RON (89 AKI)

97.4 RON (93 AKI)

At higher elevations you get

89.7 RON (85 AKI)

91.1 RON (87 AKI)

95.3 RON (91 AKI)

I would agree that you could PROBABLY run 95 RON fuel on Map 1. But you will need to check the data logs and see if any ignition timing is being pulled when you are running 95. If it ever pulls any timing at all (negative value on the Timing Correction data field), that indicates that there was detonation detected.

Your hottest months in KL are similar temperature and humidity to our hottest months in Wisconsin.

I would probably run 97 RON minimum for peace of mind. Try some 95 out, log some data from some full boost accelerations and see if 95 works for you.

http://www.procedetuning.com/BMW/n54/downloads/files/Datalog%20Channels%20v5.2.doc

Thank you. 

Some of the problems I'm facing :

1. I really do not know how to do all that data logging...this really is my virgin experience with a piggyback chip or an ecu tune. 

2. I do not hv any of the cables that's supposed to come with the PROcede chip. The guy that I bought the car from doesn't have them. ..

Given the above, I'd really like to get clarification from Vishnu Performance. ..but they are not replying to me. 

I'm running RON97 now to be safe. But I have to travel within the peninsula of Malaysia. And RON97 may not be available everywhere I go. RON95 is the minimum all gas stations have to supply.

Edited by NCSL