WI BIMMERS - Wisconsin's BMW Community

Annual teardown v.5

B C

With et20 it appears that a wider tire could rub on the strut (225+)

I would stick with a lower offset 15x7 since 205-50 is what you are going to find for summer tire sizes. If you are fine with performance all seasons then you will be able to find more available tires wider than 205 that justify getting an 8" wide wheel

With et20 it appears that a wider tire could rub on the strut (225+)I would stick with a lower offset 15x7 since 205-50 is what you are going to find for summer tire sizes. If you are fine with performance all seasons then you will be able to find more available tires wider than 205 that justify getting an 8" wide wheel

Thanks for the info Snap.

It's always better to hear it from a reliable source then reading some posts from people on the web.

http://chicago.craigslist.org/nwc/pts/4820532881.html

Been eyeballing these for awhile on CL. I'll have to call to double check offsets and center note.

• 5 weeks later...

With et20 it appears that a wider tire could rub on the strut (225+) I would stick with a lower offset 15x7 since 205-50 is what you are going to find for summer tire sizes. If you are fine with performance all seasons then you will be able to find more available tires wider than 205 that justify getting an 8" wide wheel

et20 with a 16x8 is a couple mm from the strut, and my 225/45 clears the strut by enough to not rub. You can't really go any bigger up front without doing some work.