WI BIMMERS - Wisconsin's BMW Community

My 2014 435i in Mineral Gray

nickmanderfield

Got an email reminding me this forum exists, so here I am.

2014 Mineral Gray 435i xDrive M-Sport

M Sport Package

Cold Weather Pack

Driver Assistance Package

Driver Assistance Plus

Dynamic Handling Package

Lighting Package

Premium Pack

Technology Package 

M-Sport Brakes

HK Surround Sound

When I was 16-18 I drove a White E36, 1992 325i, and had to stop at Bergstrom Enterprise quite a few times for parts.  I had always gawked at the cars in the temperature controlled glass room in the corner, the one where people would pick their cars up from once they were delivered, and I always dreamed of doing it.  Fortunately I was able to do that, built a fully loaded 435, one of the first ordered in Wisconsin, I think only a few others beat me to it, and picked it up in that very bay.  The waiting period was ridiculous, waiting for the progress bar to move, then GPS tracking the boat on it's way over, then waiting for it to hit the dealer, all was worth it of course.

I was in the market for a car around this price range, the Audi S5 was kind of a let down, the RS5 was great, but felt very much like a motor swapped A5 (the interior is just eh to me), Bergstrom received a demo 4 series the day I was about to sign off an a 2014 Audi S5 order, drove across the street, fell in love, still glad I stuck with BMW, hopefully Audi's next S-models, specifically the coupe, have a much more interesting look to them, the body lines on all current Audi's, except the 7 and 8 of course, to me, are just bland.

10298115_492187544249663_622665675003782

my4series-plamann-park.jpg

Realizing now I've had it for almost a year, and have basically zero pictures of it.  

Welcome back! Great story and its awesome to see a dream come to reality. Gotta ask but I hope its a 6-speed!

The pics you have are awesome though! Lemme know if you would like them shared on the Facebook page.

It's not a 6 speed, but the 8 speed auto, really quite ridiculous.  Between the 428 6spd and the 435 8at, I just could not resist this transmission.  It blows the previous generation (E9X) M3 DCT out of the water - I recommend driving a car with this transmission or the new M's and their auto/slappy paddle transmission, it shifts before the paddle resprings

Uhhhmazing looking car, welcome back. Any plans for mods?

I have H&R Sport springs installed currently, with a JB4 and painted front reflectors sitting on my desk for the last 6 months :(

Welcome back

Glad to see one of these owned by an enthusiast on the forum

Any gripes with it at all?

I have a gripe with the car, a huge one, I think about it all the time.  With all the options, which I do not regret getting, as I utilize them all on a daily basis, yes, even the over head view camera, and am a sucker for technology, with all the options it comes out to be just a few grand over the base M4 price - but go configure an M4, and try to keep it at the base base base price, it just isn't going to happen.   I think about had I waited for the M4 instead of going with the 435 (but i did want AWD), would I have been happy with a ill-equipped M4?  Yes, it has more power, but I like my gadgets, and other things (insurance!).  Whatever, just food for thought when pricing a new car, so many options in so many price ranges, especially with every manufacturer making 20-30 different models now.  I think for my next car, I will buy one solely for sporty driving and fun, and another for AWD and practicality, instead of trying to cram it all into one somewhat practical and pretty sporty car.

Hey, I took that first photo :)

I remember when you bought it and I got that first ride. Really motivated me to sell my E36 and get my 1-series.

Awesome car.

jakespence.com is the man!