WI BIMMERS - Wisconsin's BMW Community

Air filters

Jeff

Narcosis. Check out S&B filters. I was happy with what i saw and close to trying one out before i found the right ITG

Arg. Just checked their site and i see pink. They used to only have non oiled white gauze iirc. Maybe they are buried somewhere within the site

I've had a kamotors Carbon cold air intake for a few months but I haven't installed it. I've been really lazy lately!

The good thing about the kamotors setup is that it fits, something ive found to be extremely hard to do without relocating the abs pump. It also has the canister for a heat shield which saves a lot of grief trying to get something that looks an its good. Its a good little unit but if i still had mine i would find a comparably sized k&n to replace the filter it comes with. One thing that people arent aware of is that kamotors doesnt actually make them. They are your run of the mill alibaba wholesale lot item. Not saying thats good/bad/whatever but a lower price on the same setup can be found whilst scouring ebay.

Its hard to beat for something that looks and sounds and actually fits good in a stock e30 engine bay. It has acceptable radiuses on the neck transitions.

I recommend it for the e30 but on a performance build where every last hp and micron of filtration count id go for oiled foam substrate

The good thing about the kamotors setup is that it fits, something ive found to be extremely hard to do without relocating the abs pump. It also has the canister for a shield. Its a good little unit but if i still had mine i would find a comparably sized k&n to replace the filter it comes with. One thing that people arent aware of is that kamotors doesnt actually make them. They are your run of the mill alibaba wholesale lot item. Not saying thats good/bad/whatever but a lower price on the same setup can be found whilst scouring ebay.

Its hard to beat for something that looks and sounds and actually fits good in a stock e30 engine bay. It has acceptable radiuses on the neck transitions.

I recommend it for the e30 but on a performance build where every last hp and micron of filtration count id go for oiled foam substrate

I kinda figured by looking at the product in person. I traded a set of honda wheels I got for free from work so I can't complain. I couldn't justify spending that much money on a air filter.